S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Health & Fitness (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/health-fitness-299/)
-   -   How active? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/health-fitness-299/how-active-1129639/)

Heavens Wing 07-23-2015 04:57 AM

How active?

Exactly what the title says. How active do you guys stay? Do you have a desk job, or something that gets you moving and on your feet? Do you take walks every 4 hours? 2 hours? Every hour? How many times do you hit the gym? How many days do you lift vs cardio.

I guess this thread is to just really get people thinking about what they do everyday. I know a lot of us have fitness goals we'd like to reach.

Me personally, I have a desk job. Yet I get up at least once every hour to walk around. I go to the gym 5 days a week to lift and cardio maybe 3 of those days. I track everything that goes into my body, such as macros and calories.

FearlessFife 07-23-2015 09:33 AM

I have a desk job, five days a week. I try to get up and do a half mile walk three times a day. Three days a week I lift weights, four days a week I ride a bike 20 miles or more (minimum hour ride each time). I track my foods and exercise via FitBit and MyFitnessPal.

My downfall is my diet. I love carbs, especially breads/pastas/sweets/beer. I would not say I am unhealthy, on the contrary, I am rather healthy when compared to the majority of people in my same demographic and age group, and especially compared to the US as a whole. I am just in this phase of life where I don't have enough desire and motivation to stay disciplined on my nutrition a lot of the time. I am not sure why I don't care more, but right now I would prefer to simply work harder (exercise) to eat more of what I shouldn't. Though I know this isn't the best policy I just don't give a shit.

Life is way too short to not enjoy some foods you love.

Heavens Wing 07-23-2015 12:54 PM

Moderation on everything!! I eat sweets. I love carbs and beer. But I maybe have beer once a week. Maybe twice.

kryptonite 07-24-2015 01:11 PM

Desk job but has a tad bit of travel involved.

I get up at least every 30 minutes, stretch, walk around for a minute or two. Gym 5-6 days a week but it took me a minute to get to being that dedicated. My step counter puts me at 10,000 steps a day over the week and 4-6,000 over the weekends

TW00Si 07-27-2015 11:01 AM

I also have a desk job. I workout on avg 2-3 times a week when I'm not training for a running race or triathlon. It would be a 50/50 split on cardio and weights.

I workout on avg 4-5 times a week when I'm training for a running race. It would be a 70/30 split on cardio and weights.

I workout on avg 5-6 times a week when I'm training for a triathlon. It would be a 90/10 split on cardio and weights.

I don't watch what I eat but I do watch how much I eat.

FearlessFife 07-27-2015 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by TW00Si (Post 23694572)
I don't watch what I eat but I do watch how much I eat.

This is a big key. Portion size.

Gatsbee13 08-26-2015 09:22 PM

Used to have a desk job. but there was a gym at the location.. found many ways to work out including walking with my co-workers during our short breaks (15-20 mins/twice a day). and of course using the on-site gym whenever i could to lift..

now that I'm not in the office anymore, i walk my dog in the morning for about 30 minutes on an empty stomach.. just some light "fasted cardio".. and also walk him again at night for 30 mins..

i also try to get in so HIIT (high-intensity interval training) for about 15 minutes a day.. when I'm most active, id say i have all this down and 3-4 sessions of weight lifting a week.. but $hit happens and sometimes you fall off course..

but at the very least, i got to get that morning walk in with my dog.

these past few weeks have been a little stressful for me so I'm not getting in all the activity i want.. but I'm gradually getting back to it.

s2000Junky 08-28-2015 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by FearlessFife (Post 23690489)
I have a desk job, five days a week. I try to get up and do a half mile walk three times a day. Three days a week I lift weights, four days a week I ride a bike 20 miles or more (minimum hour ride each time). I track my foods and exercise via FitBit and MyFitnessPal.

My downfall is my diet. I love carbs, especially breads/pastas/sweets/beer. I would not say I am unhealthy, on the contrary, I am rather healthy when compared to the majority of people in my same demographic and age group, and especially compared to the US as a whole. I am just in this phase of life where I don't have enough desire and motivation to stay disciplined on my nutrition a lot of the time. I am not sure why I don't care more, but right now I would prefer to simply work harder (exercise) to eat more of what I shouldn't. Though I know this isn't the best policy I just don't give a shit.

Life is way too short to not enjoy some foods you love.

Yep lol

Maybe quit riding your bike so damn much and your body wouldn't crave all those carbs :p But seriously, that's a lot of miles/exercise in a week. I don't know how anyone could be more then 150lb with your kind of activity level, plus the lifting? Damn. When are your rest days?

s2000Junky 08-28-2015 10:47 PM

I have a split 50/50 desk and active. I do my fair share of sitting in a day though when you include my evening TV/computer time. That is typically balanced with an evening brisk 2-3 mile walk before or after dinner 2-5 days a week depending on weather, and then my 3 days a week of hardcore lifting. I used to run 2-3 times a month 3-4 miles at a time, but that tapered off to near 0 over this summer. Just too much, probably get back into that in the colder fat storing months. As is I take in 3200 calories a day just to maintain my weight which i'm happy with at 188-192lb. If I ran too id need to find another 300-400 calories to consume that day to maintain and its tough for me to eat that much 'decent' or any food.

Super Nintendo Chalmers 08-31-2015 04:33 AM

I have a desk job that requires no energy at all. I have to force myself to get up to use the restroom every hour just to have an excuse to walk around. I do lift weights 4 days a week though, if it wasn't for that then I'd probably be a total fat-ass. I hate running so lifting weights is my cardio lol