S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Health & Fitness (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/health-fitness-299/)
-   -   Motivation. I need some. (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/health-fitness-299/motivation-i-need-some-1135830/)

FearlessFife 11-09-2015 09:34 AM

Ha, 40 degrees? I will ride down to 25 degrees as long as the sun is shining and there is no wind. But that is mainly because I HATE the trainer. It is awful.

s2000Junky 11-09-2015 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by TW00Si (Post 23798898)

Originally Posted by s2000Junky' timestamp='1447056231' post='23798443
Been getting out and running more lately now that the temps have dropped. I rather like running in the brisk 40-50F range. Even better with some Fall colors to see. :thumbup:

50F is a good temperature for mid distance running in my opinion. 40F is the cutoff for running outdoors.

I run anywhere from 2-4 miles typically, usually 3. Which is enough in one shot for me to get the endorphins pumping and a decent heart rate/sweat. Beyond that it’s hard on the knees and joints and im more a body builder then a runner so I don’t want to shoot myself in the foot running off my muscle. There is a point where you have to choose one or the other because you can’t be a runner and a body builder both and expect to excel in either. I just run to keep in balance and I enjoy it this time of year. Keeps me a little more honest with the Holliday /winter food and again the cool temps inspire me. Summer time I dont need or want so i slack off on the running erobics.

s2000Junky 11-09-2015 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by FearlessFife (Post 23798957)
Ha, 40 degrees? I will ride down to 25 degrees as long as the sun is shining and there is no wind. But that is mainly because I HATE the trainer. It is awful.

Ive never been one for Hamster wheel exercises either. I need some fresh air and moving scenery.

pgarratt 11-09-2015 01:41 PM

It was 38 Sunday morning and I got over 5 miles in before I needed to head back but I felt I could have ran a half marathon

s2000Junky 11-10-2015 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by pgarratt (Post 23799293)
It was 38 Sunday morning and I got over 5 miles in before I needed to head back but I felt I could have ran a half marathon

:thumbup: The cool weather definitely helps me! 38 is pretty cool though, snot face ftw :p

FearlessFife 11-10-2015 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by pgarratt (Post 23799293)

I like the temp right around 40 to ride in the winter, as long as the wind is calm. I can wear lighter gloves, tights, and a sleeved compression shirt under my long-sleeve jersey and stay warm.

Seriously though, I cannot stand the effing trainer. So monotonous and far more difficult for me to push my fitness limits. Plus I can burn far more calories outside.

Fancy_Free 10-16-2017 01:41 AM

For me it is really hard not to cheat when it comes to food XD

Hofferge 10-16-2017 07:37 PM

What I do is i just always think whats good for my body and whats bad.

Fancy_Free 10-16-2017 09:43 PM

Hi, FearlessFife,

I really get how frustrated you must be. I often get frustrated with myself as well. I almost always fail at my diet plans and I couldn't seem to keep it going for even a few months. I'm a struggling wanna-be-healthy myself and I'm slowly getting the hang of it. I just started with the thought that I shouldn't be so hard on myself, and you should do that too. The more pressured you are, the more frustrated you get, and the more you'd look for comfort food.

Maybe you can start with not being so hard on yourself, and then work on slowly choosing the food you eat. You're looking for motivation? What about getting healthy so you can live a long and happy life with your wife? :)

Nfinitecc 03-27-2018 03:25 PM

I’m not trying to sound like a dick here, this is just another approach. I train 6 days a week, diet is always on point. The approach I use is an emotion-less approach. Sometimes you just have to stop thinking about what you like or don’t like, or how much you want or don’t want something. Make a plan, and just do it! Get my fitness pal fired up, pick your calorie number and just do it, everyday, and don’t even think about it. I absolutely hate upping my calories in the winter, I get about 6,000 a day, but so what? I just stuff my face because it fits my end goals. Like i said, this is just a meathod.