Health & Fitness A place to discuss health and fitness to help promote a healthy and active lifestyle.

Ok time to get back in shape.

Old 07-17-2015, 01:56 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Just an example of what I have to deal with at work. This is the menu from 1 of the 2 cafe's we have. It is all free.

Today I did the wok with veggies and chicken and some brown rice. Today is a rest day from the gym so being extra conscious of my food and went a little lighter on carbs than on gym days.

WOK
Build Your Own Noodle Bowl
Choose Your Veggies, Protein and Sauce to Be Stir Fried with White Rice
HOTLINE
Fried Chicken
Chicken, Buttermilk, Flour, Egg, Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Canola Oil
Baked Beans
Pinto Beans, Tomato, Onion, Tomato Paste, Apple Cider Vinegar, Brown Sugar, Thyme, Parsley, EVOO, Salt, Pepper
Mac N Cheese
Macaroni, White Cheddar, Parmesan, Havarti, Butter, Flour, Cream, Garlic
Roasted Butternut Squash
Butternut Squash, EVOO, Salt, Pepper
Roasted Baby Bell Peppers with Pearl Onions & Asparagus
Baby Bell Peppers, Pearl Onions, Olive Oil, Parsley, Garlic, Apple Cider Vinegar
VEGETARIAN STATION
Bean Stew
Garbanzos, Pintos, Black Beans, Kidney Beans, Thyme, Parsley, Sage, Paprika, Onion, Garlic, Tomato
Mashed Sweet Potato
Sweet Potato, Onion, Garlic, Cream, Butter, Salt, Pepper
Corn on the Cob
Steamed Corn
Roasted Butternut Squash
Butternut Squash, EVOO, Salt, Pepper
OFF THE GRILL
Draper Valley Roasted Chicken
Chicken, Mustard Powder, Thyme, EVOO, Salt, Pepper
Spicy Fire Burger
Brioche Bun, Beef, Pepperjack, Ghostface Aioli (Ghost Chiles, Mayonnaise, Sour Cream, Chipotle in Adobo, Lime, Cilantro, Cumin, Coriander) Roasted Peppers, Roasted Onions
Spicy Fried Brussel Sprouts
Brussel Sprouts, Sambal, Garlic, Ginger, Scallions, Canola Oil, Salt, Pepper
Curly Fries
Potato, Flour, Canola Oil
RICE COOKERS hide
Brown Rice
SALAD hide
Butter Lettuce Salad
Butter Lettuce, Scallions, Tomato, Soy Sauce, Ginger, Garlic, Pepper Flakes, Brown Sugar, Rice Vinegar, Mayonnaise, Sesame Oil, Canola Oil, Olive Oil
Kale Salad
Kale, Shaved Fennel, Cherry Tomato, Quinoa, Herb Vinaigrette; EVOO, Canola Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Aminos, Parsley, Basil, Tarragon, Garlic, Dijon, Shallots, Salt
SOUP hide
Watermelon Gazpacho
Watermelon, Tomato, Cucumber, Bell Pepper, Scallions, Apple Cider Vinegar, Parsley, Mint, Thyme, Salt, Pepper
Cream of Mushroom
Mushrooms, Cream, Vegetable Stock, Onion, Garlic, Salt, Pepper
GRAB N GO
Roasted Turkey Sandwich
Multigrain Bread, Roasted Turkey (Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Bay, Sugar), Tomato, Spinach, Garlic Pesto Aioli (Egg, EVOO, Basil, Garlic, Parmesan, Pine Nuts)
PB&J on Whole Wheat
Peanut Butter, Raspberry Jam, Whole Wheat Bread
MEZE
Curry Spiced Cashews
Cashews, Curry Powder, Cayenne, Olive Oil, Salt, Sugar
Chinese Sausage
Curry Squash Salad
Squash, Fennel, Apples, Arugula, EVOO, Apple Cider Vinegar, Coriander, Turmeric, Curry Powder, Salt, Sugar, Pepper
Prosciutto and Salami Platter
Prosciutto, Apricots, Raisins
DESSERT
Mixed Berry Cobbler with Whipped Cream
Blueberries, Strawberries, Raspberries, Sugar, Lemon, Cream, Vanilla Extract, Cornstarch, Flour, Butter, Sourcream, Baking Powder, Salt
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Rolled Oats, Flour, Brown Sugar, Butter, Raisins, Sugar, Eggs, Whole Milk, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Vanilla Extract, Cinnamon, Salt
Raspberry Almond Thumbprints
Flour, Soy Margarine, Sugar, Sliced Almonds, Raspberry Jam, Almond Extract
KAYAK FRO-YO
Chocolate Brownie
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
JUNCTION FRO-YO
Cheesecake
Coconut Mango
Old 07-17-2015, 04:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Best of luck. Post your workout plan? Does your life schedule allow you to follow the workout plan?
Old 07-17-2015, 05:33 PM
Site Moderator

Workout plan is linked in the first post. My schedule does allow for it so long as it's a priority for me. I can't put it off for other stuff or because I'm tired.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:01 PM
mlc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell your stock went up $93 and change today so I guess they can afford it .

You seem to have a goal and that usually helps more then anything.
Old 07-18-2015, 03:15 PM
Site Moderator

True that! Need that first stick vest!

Today is rough woke up early to go to cars and coffee and look at cars. Then rolled fenders and now leg day. The most dreaded of days at the gym. Diet is good though and while I'm tired I am feeling good.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Legs are the most important muslce in your body. What did you do for legs today?
Old 07-18-2015, 06:58 PM
Site Moderator

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris...k-1-day-7.html
Old 07-18-2015, 11:28 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

E, do you do any cardio? Diet and cardio will be the fastest way to lose weight Gains and goals! Im sure you'll be back at peak shape soon.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:21 AM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Holy mother of god 50 x 3 on the leg press. What in gods name possessed this man to do such a thing. Best part is he's doing it with 6 plates on each side too.

I wouldn't be walking for the next month Clearly need to up the intensity on my workouts. I'm tempted to jump on the bandwagon and try this 12 week program out for myself
Old 07-20-2015, 08:18 AM
Site Moderator

Yeah he is a beast. Those are old videos also. I follow him on facebook and he has that damn thing fully loaded even more than in that video. Guy is a beast. I pushed through 3 sets of 50 with 10 45 lbs plates on there and felt like barfing and standing after was tough.

So 1 week in so time for an update.

Starting weight 235 lbs
Current Weight 232 lbs
Total loss so far 2 lbs
Oct 5 goal weight 185 lbs

Gap to goal 48lbs

So lost a few lbs the first week. Not terrible but I expected more. Still fine tuning the diet and I need to get really strict with the portions. I am happy I managed to resist all the temptations this weekend. Tech day with the S2000 crew meant lots of beer and junk food but I ate my chicken, beef jerky and protein bars. I was also able to do 1 set of 6 reps with 100 lb dumbells in each hand. Didn't think I could still manage that but felt good to know I hadn't dropped to far in the strength department. That was also a rare morning workout so I could have done more had it been later in the day like I am used to.

Yes I do cardio as shown in the work out plan posted in the OP. 2 20 min sets a day. I don't run because of the stress it puts on my joints. I do steady state cardio which means walking usually or climbing stairs if I am feeling extra ambitious. I need to get a bike and ride that around some also. I have to fit those in during the day which usually means a walk around lunch time and one before I leave work. I have a really nice trail that I can walk that my office backs to.

Quick Reply: Ok time to get back in shape.