Health & Fitness A place to discuss health and fitness to help promote a healthy and active lifestyle.

S2K Runners / Joggers

Old 08-13-2018, 08:39 AM

Received 285 Likes on 220 Posts

I listen to new Wave, either from SiriusXM or from KROQ (Radio.com app). I used to use an iPod nano that clipped on my shorts, but using my cellphone with a armband and Bluetooth headphones is less distraction.

Run mostly 5 and 10Ks, on top of all the soccer I referee.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am retired and reside in Bangkok. I am 63 years old. I think it is very important to exercise daily. I jog a 3mile loop and walk the same 3 mile loop every day. Lots to see, I don't listen to music. I have been a runner all my life. Cheers!
Old 08-21-2018, 07:51 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have been lifting for some time now, but will be giving up the weights for awhile due to a shoulder issue. Being stubborn af, I'm hoping it will pass.

But the good news is I have changed my program to one centered mainly around running and cardio. When lifting, I never did any cardio whatsoever and was able to go through a really effective body recomp following a crazy bulk/cut program. But thanks to my jacked up shoulder, looks like I'll be running a lot more for the next month or two.

Any tips, advice, or tricks on how to get my cardio endurance up would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-21-2018, 09:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Prophet.
I have been lifting for some time now, but will be giving up the weights for awhile due to a shoulder issue. Being stubborn af, I'm hoping it will pass.

But the good news is I have changed my program to one centered mainly around running and cardio. When lifting, I never did any cardio whatsoever and was able to go through a really effective body recomp following a crazy bulk/cut program. But thanks to my jacked up shoulder, looks like I'll be running a lot more for the next month or two.

Any tips, advice, or tricks on how to get my cardio endurance up would be greatly appreciated
start slow, walk and jog 1-2 miles to start. build up endurance. when you're comfortable with that, you can go longer or faster. easy, you don't want to get injured running too. listening to music helps a lot.
Old 08-23-2018, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very important is go to a running shoe store. You have to wear the correct shoes for your feet. Buy orthotics if needed. The shoe store will analyze your gait.