Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Nascar Nation... Turning Japanese?

Old 08-21-2006, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nascar Nation... Turning Japanese?

I know we're officially not s'posed to like NASCAR since it's the WWF of motor sports and all... but almost everyone seems to have an opinion about Toyota's entry into the Nextel Cup Series...

What's yours???

Link to full article
Old 08-21-2006, 02:07 PM

Yeah Mountain Dew isnt too thrilled about Brian Vickers jumping ship to Red Bull. I work for the company that did all of the design for his vickers/dew ad campaign. We no longer present that in our portfolio. Yikes!

Anyway, I think its awesome that international companies are entering NASCAR. I really hope honda gets in on the fun. I dont really like NASCAR but if there was a Honda V8 powering one of the cars, you bet your ass i'd watch it more. :-D
Old 08-21-2006, 02:42 PM

I plan on watching it as soon as Toyota enters, I can't wait see all the broken hearts when an import takes the checkered flag!
Old 08-21-2006, 06:22 PM

This is exactly what the American car lover needs!

We've been pounded by the superiority of foreign cars to the point that Toyota is soon going to surpass GM.

It'll either mark the final chapter of American car companies or it'll mark its re-birth.

Typically when faced with peril we stand up and kick everyones rear.

You could never know for sure until after it hits.
American car companies might just kick it more than a few notches and create cars worth buying.

They might realize that this isn't something to pursue any longer and dump the auto manufacturing business for something they can do better.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nascar will never let Toyota win a race. Oh sure, they'll let Toyota come close, but they'll let them win. They'll come up w/ some strange rule at the last second that will make only American cars win. After all, it is the WWF of auto racing.

Warren
Old 08-21-2006, 07:53 PM

Yeah I'll probably watch to see what happens when an import wins nascar. It should be interesting to see the reaction of the NASCAR faithful (rednecks).. on another tangent, theres a rumor that in 2008 or 2009 Porsche will also enter nascar when they release the Panamera..
Old 08-21-2006, 09:23 PM

The Porsche story was a joke.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:33 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I'd pay to see the day when red necks are hollerin' at the TV goin' "Gambatte, you shun of a b*tch!! Bonzai!!! Get me another beer, woman!!"

"Now wah's there a Toy-yo-der on a Honda S2000 site??"
Old 08-21-2006, 11:35 PM

I never really understood NASCAR...

It's supposed to be stock car racing right? But the cars are in no way close to being stock... except for their stock names... Are all the cars the same? is that why its stock?
Old 08-22-2006, 03:03 AM

I catch a lot of flac from my brohter and my reneck friends for driving my s2k. most of it is in good fun, but that said I can't wait to see thier reaction when a japanese car takes the checkered flag. PS. they may kid me about my car but not one of them will race it, they always want to hook up my car and thiers with a chain and have a pulling contest. Ya gotta love em.

Quick Reply: Nascar Nation... Turning Japanese?