Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

PICS from First Coast S2k Meet!!!!

Old 06-14-2003, 07:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PICS from First Coast S2k Meet!!!!

We had our One Year Anniversary Meet for First Coast S2k today. Not 24 hours ago we had a chance of rain of 65%, turned out to be gorgeous. HOT, but gorgeous. Slight sprinkle on the drive for about 5 minutes but nothing to warrant putting the tops up.

We had an EXCELLENT showing!!! In total we had 20 S2000s and 2 NSXs. The day started with showing off the cars in the parking lot at World Golf Village in St. Augustine. Quite a task to grab so many spots considering the "Vettes at the Village" was going on that apparently had about 300 cars itself. Luckily, my wife Sandy, now known as the "parking lot Nazi" (Seinfeld reference) got there extra early and managed to cone off enough spots to make things work.

After burning up in the parking lot we went in for a nice lunch/presentation at Caddy Shack for a couple hours. Basically covered the "minutes of the meeting" and pigged out.

Following lunch we fueled up, lined up, and drove for a bit. We (actually Sang) decided to line up based on color. Worked out VERY well. Never expected that I would be the lone Black! Who would have thought? Then again we had a loan Monte Carlo too (or is that another black? another story, different thread). Still no GP White!!!!

We don't have any hills or many twisties in the area so the drive consisted of a ton of straight aways but we had views of the St. Johns River, Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway, and the Atlantic Ocean. All in all a decent drive with no mishaps which is a HUGE plus even with the cops boning up seeing so many fancy cars cruising by.

Following the drive we had quite a blast racing go carts despite the tremendous lack of HP at this particular track. Unfortunately, my wife and I played with the camera too much and all the pics we took stink. Hopefully someone else can post some of those. Weak carts but fun all the same. "NO BUMPING" allowed??? Why did I get crushed twice? J, you too! and we're not the only ones. Fun by all. And the couple from Tallahassee were the MASTERS of Blocking. Fun, Fun, Fun.

By the time that was over, we went from 22 cars to 4 for dinner. Our original spot was slammed but luckily the backup was close by (Wei-Shen taught me well about back-up plans! NOTE: check out the July issue of Honda Tuning for a 4-page article on Chin Motorsports and Wei-Shen). Good to have back ups. After that long hot day, cold adult beverages were in order. Again, fun was had by all.

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT ATTENDED. We had cars from Tallahassee, Gainesville, Tampa, Orlando, Jupiter, Daytona, St. Augustine, Ponte Vedra Beach, Jacksonville Beach, and Jacksonville. To think, a year ago we had just 3! My address book is way over 40 and we're growing. I look forward to future events and we're ALWAYS welcome to suggestions on how to make future events, clinics, etc. more valuable to our members and guests. Special thanks to all of those that traveled so far, Wei-Shen, Chiung, Sang, and my wife Sandy for putting together all of those packets, passing them out, and putting up with my passion for this car and this club. See ya next time!!!!

Now to the pics!!!!!

Old 06-14-2003, 07:41 PM

And some more pics....
Orlando,Augustine,&Jax[/PHOTO]
Old 06-14-2003, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hehe dude...1 thing i would of never thought of seeing

Age doesnt matter...holy shit pimp it up guys!
Old 06-14-2003, 09:41 PM

Shay and (Sandy)

Thank you for organizing the meet. Joy and I had a great time!

Let's keep this up.

Sang
Old 06-14-2003, 09:42 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had lots o' fun today, Shay, thanks for putting everything together . I'll add a few of my pics here. I have more, but they're generally just dupes of what you've already posted. (note: these are not 56k friendly)

Old 06-14-2003, 11:06 PM

yea, thanks a lot guys for puttin this on, I had an awsome time. BTW, Tedow, if you have those little cards on file would you mind e-mailing them to me, thanks a lot! Chr-2004@attbi.com
Old 06-15-2003, 05:16 AM

Really sorry I missed this guys! a great turn out!!!
Old 06-15-2003, 06:03 AM

Okay, I've updated the Event Photos section on www.tbas2k.com There are a ton of photos there.

If anyone has any good photos of the group drive or of people, please email them to me at dave@tbas2k.com Any contributions would be great!

Thanks,
Dave
Old 06-15-2003, 06:33 AM

Dave - EXCELLENT job with the pics on TBA. Wow!

Thanks for coming everyone. Awesome time. Little sun burnt this morning but it's "Daddy Day" so I'm chillin' like a villian' and not doing jack squat. Probably go wash the car in a few though. Gotta have the puppy sparklin' again for the work week.
Old 06-15-2003, 07:48 AM

Thanks Shay & Sandy for putting this together had a good time. Sorry I didn't make the A1A trip north.

Dave glad you could make the trip north, those are really fantastic pics. I'll have to come down to one of the TBA events. (change of scenery)

Don did you see the red going north in Flagler.

Here is the only pic I have that is different....

Quick Reply: PICS from First Coast S2k Meet!!!!