S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Greddy E-Manage vs. AEM ECU

Old 07-02-2003, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy E-Manage vs. AEM ECU

Can the Greddy e-manage retard timing on the S2000? UR tells me it can and they sent me the harnes for the hookup. I have both the e-manage and the AEM EMS, and although I want to eventually end up with the AEM, I'm wondering if I should start out with the Greddy when I first install the turbo.
Old 07-02-2003, 05:57 PM

From my knowledge it can. You need the harness, which you have. I haven't played with one so I wouldn't know, its all hear say. I hear that the stock ignition and timing should be ok.

If you plan on selling your emanage with the harnesses and shit shoot me a PM with an ammount you are looking for, im in the market right now.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:07 PM

I do plan to sell it, but the question is whether sooner rather than later. I'm still debating whether to start out with it or the AEM.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:12 PM

I think it would be a wise decision to go straight to the AEM. The GReddy E-Manage is a great tool, but the resources of a replacement ECU blow the piggy back option away. My partner Steve Kan (you may recognize his name from the drag circuit, or your preferred tuner magazine. If you know who he is you know he knows his stuff) is extremely well acquainted with most upgraded ECU's, and he is really impressed with the AEM. He ran it in his RX-7 daily driver until the ECU was stolen. He highly recommends it and has had great luck with it tuning both rotaries and piston motors alike. It makes great power, and their tech support has been top notch for us. If I wasn't already running Haltech in my race car (had to wire in the harness) I would probably run the AEM in my car.

Bare in mind also, to tune the E-Manage you either need to have the "E-Manage Support Tool" software with a laptop, or the GReddy Profec E-01 boost controller to interface with it.

As always boyz and girlz, please have a reputable tuner at the least advise you when tuning your vehicle. $300 to fully tune your motor is much cheaper than the repair cost to put another motor in.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:24 PM

If you have both units I would have to say go with the AEM if you have the ability to tune or have a reputable tuner in your area. Our car is emanaged and we market our kits with it however a full fledged stanalone will give better results. Just be aware its more complicated to tune and if you do not have access to a tuning facility or you cannot tune it on your own stay far...far away from the AEM
Old 07-02-2003, 09:41 PM

Just to clarify, currently the eManage cannot modify the timing on the S2000s coil pack system.

The eManage is a nice tool that will get you driving with your forced induction just fine.

The EMS is much better for people who have maxed out their current kit, or the possibilies of the stock ECU. I don't recommend it for people who are just running a "stock" FI kit. It's just overkill.

Most of the time I'd say that if you have to ask if you should go with the AEM EMS or a piggy-back, then you don't need the EMS. When you "need" it you'll already know whether or not you do.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well said Wes Exactly what I was thinking. Especially the last sentence
Old 07-03-2003, 06:02 AM

Old 07-03-2003, 06:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know is a bit out off topic, does somebody how much times takes to upload the information from the Emanage - to the laptop

I tried yesterday to have a back up a wait 15 min and did not get any information, I turn on the Key and connect the laptop to the Emanage

Thanks
Old 07-03-2003, 06:41 AM

It takes about 10-15 seconds

Quick Reply: Greddy E-Manage vs. AEM ECU