Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Progress Report on Turbo Install

Old 07-13-2003, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Progress Report on Turbo Install

After four days of hard work, I haven't installed one piece on my UR turbo kit. However, progress is definitely being made. Here's what I've done so far in prep for the turbo.

Wednesday: Installed Sparco Rev seats with Taitec sliders. A total of 16 pounds of weight reduction. I think they fit great:

Thursday: Removed Mugen Header and started removal of intake manifold for Hondata gasket install. Hats off to everyone who has installed the Hondata gasket, because it is one SOB of a job.

Friday: Finally, finally, finally got that !@*%ing intake manifold off and started removing parts and connectors in prep for dropping the transmission.

Saturday: Continued prep work for removing transmission, and installed Speed thermostat, radiator cap and fan switch.

Today: Got the trany off and its sitting on the ground. Installed light weight flywheel, ACT clutch and pressure plate.

that's it for now. Hopefully, I'll get the transmission back on tomorrow evening after work. Then the fun starts with putting the intake manifold back on. Hope it goes on easier than it came off. If anyone ever wants to do a clutch job, let me know and you can use my "special" Honda tools. Also, I might have a few pointers to make the job easier.
Old 07-13-2003, 05:30 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the report. We are all cheering you on from the sidelines. When you told me about the Hondata gasket on Thursday I figured it was going to be a bitch. I watched Todd do an install at one of our tech days. BTW, did you see his install write-up for it on S2000.org?

Looks like I'll have my brother pickup the Mugen exhaust from you with his truck on Tuesday. I'll probably stop by Monday to check out the seats and write you a check.
Old 07-13-2003, 05:44 PM

Sounds great. I saw Todd's write-up and it help, but the write up made it sound too easy. The exhaust is still on the car as I have run out of space in my garage to put anything. If its OK with you, I'd like to remove it when you come by to get it. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll drop it tomorrow and put it in the living room. Wife is not here to complain, though she rarely does. Tuesday is ok with me, but be aware that my development will be fogging for mosquito's that evening.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Are you going to break in the clutch before installing the turbo? It would be pretty hard on a new clutch to dyno tune it.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:29 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

We should make this a future newsletter article.

Fred, how's the kit look? Good quality? (I'm not thinking of going FI myself, I'm just curious about the whole deal.)
Old 07-14-2003, 04:09 PM

not to jack the thread, although I am.

I will be receiving the Vortech kit tomorrow.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got a gut feel about who is going to get "jacked" here.

J/K CMi, looking forward to seeing both.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:02 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Elistan
[B]We should make this a future newsletter article.
Old 07-14-2003, 07:53 PM

price and there are also several other reasons is why I chose vortech. I am very curious and interested with the progress report that Fred is putting together. I almost ordered a UR kit at the same time just to say I have a turbo S2000 and for a group buy discount.

side note: I will be placing my order for a ACT PP and toda flywheel tomorrow. I ordered a new OEM friction disk today.

I am also curious to here about your feed back regarding the ACT PP.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:04 PM

Nice write. Im sure there are MANY anxiously awaiting your results.

How did the install on the seats go? Do you sit lower or about the same height as the stock set up? Revs are my next mod I hope. BTW, i love the color pattern on them too.

Quick Reply: Progress Report on Turbo Install