New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

My Turbo Horror Story!!

Old 09-04-2003, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Turbo Horror Story!!

This has been the worst nightmare i have everseen . I had droped off my car off two months ago at Modified Motorsports in Harrisburg, PA i norder to install my speedcraft turbo, JE pistons, injectors, AEM etc. They installed everything started tuning and then then all the problems in the world popped up. First, They had a hard time mapping out my 3 bar map sensor, then there was a oil leak on the relocation kit, then it wouldnt idle properly, then it was smoking white smoke out of the exhauts,(i thought i was a head gasket they told me it wasnt) they promised me it was the piston rings, so they ordered new ones. When they took apart my motor they saw that there was a hole in one of the pistons. They ordered new JE pistons with a different compression without even telling me. At thet point i was so outraged with them. I didnt want them to touch my car anymore and was going to have it towed back to NJ and have someone else finish the job. Due to a shortage of funds, time and patience im returning the car back to stock. They were very unreliable, dishonest and still wanted to get paid for a job that wasnt done. I got the car back from them this weekend. It is sitting in my garage with the head off it. I need stock pistons to install and i am looking for a shop that has very good experience on motor rebuilds in the Northern NJ area. If anyone could point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it.

Mike
Old 09-04-2003, 09:46 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike, not Northern Jersey but I would recommend Paisley Automotive in Hempstead, Long Island. Very good shop and very familiar with turbo vehicles.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:22 AM

i havent heard anything good about modified ever. usually when i hear thier name its followed by a rant. sorry you had to spend that kinda money to find out. if paisley in long island cant help you out check out ULTIMA ask to speak with mike. he had a SC s2k and hes pretty knowledgeable
Old 09-04-2003, 11:30 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PROFILES2000
[B]i havent heard anything good about modified ever. usually when i hear thier name its followed by a rant. sorry
Old 09-04-2003, 12:31 PM

try Bullish Racing in Hackensack
Old 09-04-2003, 12:32 PM

If they can build a 9 sec Supra, they can fix up your car...
Old 09-04-2003, 01:56 PM

yah we were using his intercooler sprayer on his evo to spray a friend in the face while he was sleeping pretty funny heh

Originally posted by s2000qtee

Joe,

My ex used to deal with Mike frequently....hes a good guy...he parted off his S tho a few months ago and go a Lancer EVO

Sophia
Old 09-04-2003, 02:05 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paisley has an 8 second Supra does that make them better?
Old 09-04-2003, 03:18 PM
Banned

I had the same experience with a shop up in northern nj called MVA. Seems like turboing this car is a nightmare !
Old 09-04-2003, 05:21 PM

Damn sorry to hear, Hope you find a good Mr. Goodwrench to put your baby back together or better yet get your turbo running right cause that's what I'd like to do someday :dreaming:

Quick Reply: My Turbo Horror Story!!