S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Single VS Dual exhaust which way to go????

Old 04-17-2004, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single VS Dual exhaust which way to go????

OK; it's time to replace the factory exhaust and get something a bit lighter and more vocal. The question is whether to go with a single or a dual setup.

I know that a single would save much more weight, but are there any other advantages?

Thanks for your suggestions...
Old 04-17-2004, 06:01 PM

This topic is perhaps the most widely discussed. In short, if you want outright power gains where you sacrifice noise/sound levels - A single output is the way to go. If looks and a more refined sound to compliment the engine is your cup of tea - A dual output is a better choice.

Single Output - Highest power gains and best weight savings vs Loud/higher exhaust noise/sound.

Dual Output - Looks better, sound is more refined to compliment engine vs Minimal to no power gains, weight saving will always be less than a single output.

Hope this helps your decision.
Old 04-17-2004, 06:02 PM

Spugen Dual (that's what i have) very nice!
Old 04-17-2004, 06:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know about looks better. I think that's a mtter of personal taste. Other than that, you said it all!

"Well son, you've tried and failed. The moral is...never try."-Homer J. Simpson
Old 04-17-2004, 06:11 PM

I was thinking about the Spugen single titanium. It's only 18 lbs and a pretty reasonable price. The ZTEC Single Exhaust Rear Cap kinda cleans up the look, and the dual weighs nearly twice as much. I was just wondering if I would be making any compromises by going single.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:02 PM

If money is no object, Amuse dual would shut those up who like duals and the Amuse single will shut those up who like singles. Lightweight, titanium and you get a tip more blue than Papa Smurf.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:53 PM

I saw the Amuse at a meet; it's a beauty. I thought about buying one, then I thought about buying the Spugen and having enough $ left over to buy a new set of RA1s and finance a whole year of track days.

I guess I won't have blue tips after all.

I'm just trying to decide between the dual and single. The extra cost of the dual would be offset by the cost of the cap so they're nearly the same $.

Is the HP gain really that much better with a single, or is it just increased throttle response? I was only expecting maybe 3-5Hp gain for either.

Thanks for the help, all.
Old 04-17-2004, 09:03 PM

Spugen has some dynos on thier website plus some audio for the exhaust. You get a small idea of the dual but haven' seen anything on the single or the titanium series. I have tried to call them to get info but have had no luck. There is a thread about the noise at freeway speeds if you search for a single TI spugen exhaust here on the forum. Anyone have a DB rating on this in the cabin or at the exhaust?
Old 04-18-2004, 12:05 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by drewchie
Is the HP gain really that much better with a single, or is it just increased throttle response? I was only expecting maybe 3-5Hp gain for either.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:49 AM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

i have seen and heard the single spugen TI oh my can I tell you its orgasmic. Naynay in the west fl. section is the guy who has it. It is a bit loud so that is why I am consideering a duel setup. but it kinda sounds like a mix between a supra and a ferrari. hard to explain but yet soo awesome. you will not be disappointed. Do anyone of you have soundclips and pics of the duel titanniums.?

Quick Reply: Single VS Dual exhaust which way to go????