S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

MSRP in Canada: Good Deal??

Old 07-07-2001, 04:30 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default MSRP in Canada: Good Deal??

Hey folks!
Any Canadian users on this list? I just ordered my Spa Yellow S2K Hard top today. Apparently (according to the dealer of course) there are only 48 Spa Yellow units avail. in Canada for 2001. Not sure how true this is of course.
Anyhow, I got the car for $52,440 CAD and it should be here within 3 weeks. I'm so excited..can't wait. Can anyone tell me if this is a good price? Keeping in mind that MSRP is $53,880 inc. freight PDI.
Hope to hear from you soon
Asif
PS-This is my first post to the list so I hope it works fine. Any questions/concerns..email me at as-if@home.com
Old 07-07-2001, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a good deal. You can probably get some off if you shop around but it's probably very minimal especially if you have a trade-in.

Some dealerships charge over MSRP for some colour color combinations. For example, some charge extra for red leather and probably for the yellow too.

People here are crazy about the car so even if you paid several thousand dollars over MSRP they'll tell you that you can probably get it for less but it's a good deal for the kind of car you're getting.
Old 07-07-2001, 06:56 PM

congrats sounds like u got a pretty good deal. was the only mandatory option on the spa yellow the hardtop?

'cause a few dealerships in vancouver sell the same package, however, one dealership only sells it fully loaded... so the car comes with: hard top, side skirts, front lip, rear spoiler and 18" tsw evo rims... msrp is close to the 60k mark for this sucker and the saleslady told me that's the only way they'll sell their spa yellow models
Old 07-07-2001, 07:11 PM

I think that MSRP is a good deal. I shopped around several dealers in several provinces, and found one of the few dealers that would sell at MSRP with no mandatory options.
If you can do better, excellent!
Either way, you will be happy when you get it.
sousleau
Old 07-07-2001, 07:50 PM
Former Moderator

I payed 48k +++ for my silver black, From what I understand the Yellow come only with the hardtop. If thats the cae you got a good deal. Enjoy the car. Keep an eye out for our local meets!

Mike
Old 07-07-2001, 07:57 PM

i paid 32k for mine in Virginia, U.S.A., it would cost you less to buy it there and ship it to Canada!
Old 07-07-2001, 08:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i paid 12K more for my S2000, besides I ordered 01 model for 51K with front lip, side skirts, rear spoiler, titan shift knob...etc before i got my pacecar edition,
i think 48K CND should be fair deal
Old 07-07-2001, 08:39 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

For $52.440 I got the mandatory hard top, car cover (which is included anyhow), 5 years free oil changes (standard for that particular dealership) and free touch up paint
There was no specific spec for the way that dealer sells Spa Yellow models, i.e no valance, spoiler etc. I tried negotiating for the hard to storage rack, but failed. The manager told me that I was lucky to be given ANY discount on the S2k.
Couple more Qs....
1) Does anyone know the TRUE allocation # of Spa Yellow Models for Canada? I was told 48 units only
2) Is there a brochure/pamphlet avail specific to the Spa Yellow model?
3) Any members on here from Alberta? Or Calgary specifically??
Any help would be appreciated as I try and fit myself into the proud group of s2k owners!!
Asif
Old 07-07-2001, 09:23 PM

That's a pretty good deal... i pay $53000 plus tax for my spa yellow...
Old 07-07-2001, 09:32 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

VTEXTC, Hello and welcome fellow Calgarian (YAHOO! & all that thar other stuff.) I know of only one other Calgarian (Skitzo) and a fellow from Edmonton (Warren). I bought mine last Oct. and paid MSRP (+ tax). They threw in floor mats, aero screen, wheel locks, block heater. I also negotiated the hardtop for $4000.00 (including tax) and another set of stock wheels @ cost (but I never took them up on it - found nicer ones for $195.00 ea). Who did you buy from? Mine came from HighRiver Honda.
ps. Since yellow is still kinda rare, you got a pretty good deal.

Quick Reply: MSRP in Canada: Good Deal??