S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

my stereo is about $6000

Old 09-17-2001, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 3 Competition Zapco amps(2.0X2 and 1.0X1 1 is hidden), focal kevlar 5.25 with the tweeters in hand made A-frame pillar pods, an eclipse 8V cd player, with the 8-disc changer under the aero screen inside the "secret compartment", I had 2 1 farad rockford fosgate capacitors installed to help with any power problems, i have upgraded the battery to a yellow top optima(perfect fit), and the sub woofer is a 15" aluminum eclipse speaker in a hand made fiberglass enclosure. I can still go grocery shopping, I can still fit my golf clubs( I have to pout a towel down to prtect the amps from getting their paint scratched), the only loss is a few inches on the height of the trunk and the spare tire, but with rims in my near future the "so called" spare would have been a joke anyways. I have heard a lot of people talk about their audio upgrades but until you've sat in my car you don't know what you're missing. Even at 90mph, with the top down, the highs come through clear as a bell, the mids are strong, and the bass rattles your butt until you grin ear to ear. If anyone has anymore questions I will check back and answer.

I was recently involved in an accident. So I am with out my car until the beginning of october, but when I get it back I will post some interior pics

I can't get the pics to work, but I was in a car show a while back so heres the link
http://www.streetracing.org/events/showcase/042101/
Mine is the yellow(only ) s2000
Old 09-17-2001, 06:55 PM

not bad it looks real good. i kind of went with the same setup i will post pics soon
Old 09-20-2001, 09:53 AM

I like the raised floor look (even though you can see the seam, yuck) and plan on doing this as an upgrade to mine some day. I want to finish off the back like you did as well, the way it's flat.

But the yellow grate stuff has to go!

I think everything would look even nicer if you dyed the carpet black...I want to do that to mine as well.
Old 09-20-2001, 01:16 PM

Any pictures of the passenger compartment? For $6000 I would expect good things there. Is the 6k for equipment only or equipment AND installation?

That yellow grating definitely must go.
Old 09-20-2001, 05:00 PM

Old 09-20-2001, 09:02 PM
jzr

In yellos2g's defense, I have to say that San Diego is a very "yellow" town - I see almost as many yellow S's out here as I do silvers. So (in San Diego at least) more yellow isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially in a car that's going to be shown.

I dig the the solid yet porous membrane that separates the trunk from the under-top area; with the spare out and some insulation removed, you should be getting excellent bass passage with the top up or down.

Would've done the same myself but my amps wouldn't both fit in the under-top area, and I didn't want to lose the trunk floor space, so I did it "the old-fashioned way"

But the bass has to travel around the sides and top of the amp rack, or at least it will when my sub gets here...for now it's

Jason

subless in San Diego
Old 09-20-2001, 10:00 PM

I will get the interior pics up in a bit I am picking my car up from the body shop(dumb old lady!!!)on the fifth - *with the new veilside hood* - jason what sub is going there?

PS I may be able to get veilside, and other s2 eq at some kind of disc(and I can get it sent to your door)

email me with any questions

Sean
Old 09-20-2001, 10:20 PM
jzr

[QUOTE]Originally posted by yellos2g
[B]I will get the interior pics up in a bit I am picking my car up from the body shop(dumb old lady!!!)on the fifth - *with the new veilside hood* -
Old 09-20-2001, 10:33 PM

the ti series is sooooooooooo bad a$$!!!!! I had the 15" titanium in my set-up originally, but my box was too small so I went for the aluminum because it had less volume to it's basket and required less total air space. You'll love the speaker! What is included in the rest of your system? Why the hell would you take such a high class car and high class speaker and taint them with Rockford fosgate amps??? I would recommend something a little nicer, just my opinion.
Old 09-21-2001, 12:04 AM
jzr

[QUOTE]Originally posted by yellos2g
[B]the ti series is sooooooooooo bad a$$!!!!!

Quick Reply: my stereo is about $6000