S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

S2000 Vs Crossfire.

Old 12-17-2005, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 Vs Crossfire.

Im on my way to lunch with the top down and my buddy riding shotgun when i notice some cones ahead telling me i have to merge left . As i slow down and signal i notice nobody is letting me through for about 100 feet and the cones are closing off the lane so i notice a small opening In front of a Crossfire and i dive in. Little did i know that Crossfire owns the road and he cant possibly allow anybody to merge in front of him so he gets very angry honks the horn. I think nothing of it and raise my hand in an attempt to say sorry. Well he keeps on honking so i turn the thoughtful gesture into a Birdy and this happens to irritate the king of the road so bad he changes lanes to the far left which is suppose to be for left turns and attempts to floor it and pass me. Well being the kind soul i am, i drop down a gear and i nail it. He cant pass me and almost runs into the center median and impregnate his car into some shrubs and trees. In order to avoid them he brakes hard and swerves back behind me cutting off a Corolla and proceeds to tail gate me. While hes following me hes honking and throwing hand gestures and looks like hes having a fit and about to have a stroke in his car.
Well I'm getting fed up with his behavior and speed up but Road King seems to like to play BrokeBack Mountain with my S2000.
I change lanes so does he, i turn into a residential area so does he. At this point im thinking i should call the police. I reach for my belt clip and discover i left the cell at the office and my buddy doesnt have it with him either. Rotten luck. So i take evasive action and make a right turn to go down a street next to the highschool. Road King doesnt have anything better to do so he follows me as well. As we get to a stop light i do a California roll and nail the gas. A DSM eclipse is also at the intersection and gets behind me. The Crossfire almost rear ends him and proceeds to try and pass him even though its a 2 lane street with one lane going each way. The eclipse driver has now inherited my tail gater and i see this as an opening to make my hasty escape. I really hate speeding in residentials but i really didnt want to get too close to this Ass clown because A. my top is down B. there are crazy mofos here. Im doing 60+ in a residential and i keep looking left and right for any oncoming cars pulling out cus i dont want to do a Lindsay Lohan. Eventually we lost the Crossfire and enjoyed some fried chicken at Popeyes.

Me - 1
Crossfire - 0
Sorry for the long story. Just didnt want to drop any details.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:05 PM

Looking back there are probably better ways to have handled it. With that said I think that all of us would have probably done what you did. In either case you aren't the one at fault.

I f***ing hate it when people won't let you over... ok maybe you could have gotten over sooner but wtf is so bad about being courteous??? Sometimes (especially with passengers) you just don't see the lane ending sign... why is that such a huge sin??? Now if you flew past everyone attempting to gain alittle time that would be another story.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:59 PM

good story. guy sounded like a real s***bag and deserved everything he got.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:49 PM

I can't stand people like that, asshat's get what they deserve though in the long run...
Old 12-17-2005, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny story, I nearly shit myself laughing. Thanx for that.

I would have gotten out of my car and found out what he wants following me like that...
Old 12-17-2005, 02:27 PM

Received 384 Likes on 286 Posts

I would have stopped the car and gotten out. Of course I live in a conceal carry state though
Old 12-17-2005, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito,Dec 17 2005, 05:27 PM
I would have stopped the car and gotten out. Of course I live in a conceal carry state though
Same Here

Most of the guys that do that kind of stuff would sh*t their pants if you pulled over and made a beeline for their drivers door. But there is that 1% that is nuts
Old 12-17-2005, 04:47 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Next time just let him go ahead of you.

You're the Road King and he's the Road King +1. Both of you were ragin'.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:55 PM

forget that jerk... but atleast no one got hurt
Old 12-17-2005, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by OMG VTEC,Dec 17 2005, 05:47 PM
Next time just let him go ahead of you.

You're the Road King and he's the Road King +1. Both of you were ragin'.
I don't see the logic in letting him get ahead of me when he clearly made an illegal maneuver moving into the left turn only lane, crossing a solid white line and nailing the throttle for all its worth trying to cut me off in retaliation. He could have passed me slam on the brakes and i might have rear ended him. I think i did the best thing and kept him behind me. I didnt do any sort of road raging purposely cutting people off abrubtly changing lanes tail gating etc.

Quick Reply: S2000 Vs Crossfire.