S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

seat heaters -- any good?

Old 11-05-2006, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat heaters -- any good?

In a tangentially-related thread, someone mentioned seat heaters from www.checkcorp.com. I checked it out and the price isn't bad, but I want more info -- does anyone hereon have any experience with these, or any other aftermarket seat heaters for the S?

OK, maybe even thinking about it makes me old, but chilly commutes with the top down might be nicer with another source of heat, I'm thinking.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

isn't tx burning hot? im prob ignorant.

im in socal and have the checkcorp heaters. i rate them a 10 out of 10. i can't tell you how great they are. and i dont think old people are weird for wanting heaters. i wonder why everyone doesn't want heaters.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:13 AM

I got them, they're nice. The only thing I would change on them is to move the back heating element higher, because I installed mines too low. I got the 2 temp setting one.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone have the heater for the driver and passenger seats? I'd like to buy both now that I've seen this thread, but is it worth the $180 more?
Old 11-05-2006, 11:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And did you guys do a DIY or have someone install it?
Old 11-05-2006, 11:45 AM

I bought for both seats...although I did think about getting the 1 setting one for the passenger, but then the switches would be different. But in the end, I bought the 2 settings for both seats. I installed them myself, but my dad is a upholster so he had the tool for the bull ring clips. But he didn't help me out. But you need that tool to attach the clips...you could use a pair of pliers but it would take you a long time. I tapped the power to the ACC power under the dashboard...you know where everyone taps the power for their radar detector. All in all, not bad at all. Then I got my friend to mold me a plate to attached the switches where that little useless coin tray is so the switches are there.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:55 PM

I just had these installed and they're awesome.

Old 11-05-2006, 02:00 PM

Re Texas being hot: yes, a lot of the time. But winter is still, well, mildly winterish. (I'm a northerner.) The other day I made a hundred mile drive, each way, on a day when it topped out at 50-something; not bad, but as the sun went down I wished it were a little warmer. And we do get ice storms on occasion.

Really, the mild weather is why I'm considering the hearters: with a little help, I can go all year with the top down.

Thanks for the advice, all of you; I think I'll be getting one or two.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:15 PM

I bought mine a month ago but have no time to get them installed...

littlerocket777,how hard was the install....?and how long did it take you....?maybe i'll just do it myself.

peace
Old 11-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I did this myself last week. Used two pliers and the hog rings are easy to bend and reuse.

It's not a hard install at all.

And it's my favorite mod so far!

Quick Reply: seat heaters -- any good?