UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Anybody had their car replaced ?

Old 03-26-2002, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody had their car replaced ?

After 2 replacement gearboxes( and clutch), the third is playing up, time to ask for a replacement car ?

Has anybody had their car replaced by their dealer or Honda ?
Old 03-26-2002, 01:48 PM

I'm game I'm still trying to get a gearbox replaced. So far it's been one gearbox and two clutches. At present I have a huge hesitation problem, although that should be fixed next week. The gear selection is appauling and just about ever part of the cabin rattles and squeaks. Apart from that, I've got about a dozen other faults and more damage caused by the dealer than I care to mention. I'll see what happens by the end of next week, before I decide what grief to cause Honda.
Old 03-26-2002, 11:43 PM

Well I had my engine replaced after 5000 miles, and would be very interested to hear of anyone else that has! I never got the full story of what went wrong, but I think basically the big end went.

I was gutted - I had nursed the car through the first 1000 miles (not even 600!), avoiding great temptation to push it. To add insult to injury, when I took the car into the garage and told them that something was seriously wrong with the engine, and that it might even need to be replaced - they turned round and said it's probably just a loose lead or something. LOOSE LEAD?!? - take the car beyong 2000RPM and it sounds like a knackered diesel van and you are trying to tell me it's just a loose lead. I handed the keys over and said fine, you listen to it. Half hour later they came back looking rather sheepish and admitted that there was something wrong.

It took 3 mechanics, a manual from the US, and 2 weeks to sort - but at no point did I get any hassle.

I am actually starting to wonder if my car is jinxed - considering it was off the road for 8 weeks after I span it on the M25 (ok - my fault!), and it has been back to the garage 3 times since because they couldn't fix it right the first time (sound familier anyone?). And it is in the garage as we speak having two panels resprayed where some w***ers have keyed it . Both times the car was parked in respectable areas and in broad daylight!

Suffice to say, my car has become rather well known in the local garage!
Old 03-26-2002, 11:47 PM

Gods LB, another tale of woe I hope you get it back 100% for some serious top down fun over summer
Old 03-26-2002, 11:55 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Leggy Blonde
[B] And it is in the garage as we speak having two panels resprayed where some w***ers have keyed it .
Old 03-27-2002, 12:16 AM

Or you could go for that South African accessory the sideways flame thrower.

The idea over there is that if someone comes to the drivers window with a gun you hit the extra pedal and it squirts jets of flame out the side and fries the prospective hijacker. I f you could just chnage it so that it worked automatically on key scratching... It would make you think twice about going near the car after a drink though
Old 03-27-2002, 12:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Shabby

Wankers like that should be executed. How about an S2K gunowners club ? we could even get some custom attachments made to hold the guns whilst we are driving
I think this club already exists (in spirit, if not in name) in Houston - I also believe that gun holders are either in develpoment or are available for the S2000
Old 03-27-2002, 12:54 AM

My tales of Honda are well documented on these pages, I too am on my third gearbox and clutch, now needing another. A respray of the front due to paint coming off and now its happening again. rejected car to dealership who promptly threw it over the wall to Honda Uk as it was a product issue.
After what has been 4 months and never ending phone calls they said that they were not in position to buy back car because it is not a manufacturing problem,but wanted to try and fix again, I have refused.Called the TSO who pointd out that as I have finance on the car my rights are different and I should reject car to ----Honda Finance---- who have taken all the details and want 10 days too sort, time is about up. So I will post result, but am not holding my breath. Honda UK really are the lowest of the low when this car is mentioned.
Old 03-27-2002, 01:30 AM

Sorry to here about your misfortune & hope it gets replaced.

could you just clarify when you say the paint ws coming off

i.e was it bubbling or flaking etc

- warren
Old 03-27-2002, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leggy Blonde, have a look over at this thread for 20some other S2000 owners with engine replacements.

Barry in Sheridan, Wyoming, USA:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...ock+replacement

Quick Reply: Anybody had their car replaced ?