New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

New England has lost one of it's own

Old 05-20-2008, 03:45 AM

Received 2,763 Likes on 1,624 Posts
Default New England has lost one of it's own

I received a sad email this morning. Bob's wife, Connie let me know that Bob passed away yesterday at 8:00 PM with his family by his side.

Bob's battle with cancer was nothing short of impressive, he did his all to fight this, but in the end, the cancer won. Though we've only known Bob a short time, due to that connection S2000 owners seem to have, it doesn't feel that way, and we are truly saddened by his passing. We send our sympathies to Bob's wife Connie, their son Ray, and other family members.

Please feel free to extend sympathy to Bob's family here.

Wake at Tewksbury Funeral Home on Thursday May 22; 4 - 7 PM; 1 Dewey Street, Corner of Main Street

If you want to join the "rolling tribute" we will be leaving from the funeral home. You will need to be there by 9:00 or 9:15 on Friday AM.

Funeral Mass at St. Williams, Main Street Tewksbury, Friday May 23 10 AM

With Connie's blessing, Bruce is organizing a "rolling tribute" to Bob. If you can attend, post here:

Bob's Tribute

Bob's Obituary
Old 05-20-2008, 03:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Lainey. I am so sad to hear this. I greatly admired Bob for getting out and doing what he wanted to do even though it was obviously very difficult and painful for him at times.

He rarely let that slow him down and was a determined man with alot of spirit and enthusiasm. I am so sorry for Connie.

I would very much like to be part of anything our group does for him.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is AWFUL news. Bob was the first one from the club I ever met and came right over to me at the first Mohawk.

RIP Bob. I'll be more than happy to do what I can here
Old 05-20-2008, 04:01 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I only spoke to Bob at a couple of meets, so I can't really say I knew him well. But he and Connie seemed very devoted and Bob struck me as a kind and gentle person. God speed Bob.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:16 AM

Received 3,509 Likes on 2,375 Posts

The loss of Bob hurts deeply.
I guess that is one of the odd things about this group.
I think I actually met Bob in the flesh only 2 or 3 times.
Through this forum though, I found a friend with similar interests and passions.
Today were all a little poorer with his loss.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:34 AM

I met Bob only once, I believe it was at Erick's. We also exchanged a few emails/PMs regarding photography as we are both Nikon users. He shared a few tips on my D70 and I appreciated that.

My condolenses to his family.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:44 AM

I sat with Bob and Connie at a couple meets. Really nice folks. My deep condolences to Connie.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:48 AM

My deepest condolences, I only met Bob once during a meet at Erick's place but his love for Connie and the S was apparent. He's in a better place now where he can do 9K burnouts run in VTEC all day.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by SHUG,May 20 2008, 08:34 AM
I met Bob only once, I believe it was at Erick's. We also exchanged a few emails/PMs regarding photography as we are both Nikon users. He shared a few tips on my D70 and I appreciated that.

My condolenses to his family.
Right you are. I'll always remember that day and Bob's comments about the underside of his car having a beauty of its own. It's hard for me to accept that he's gone. I've never really lost a family member or someone close to me. And... although I was not close to Bob in the traditional sense, the forum sure makes it feel that way. I offer my deepest condolences to Bob's family and friends.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:56 AM

I watched Bob, on crutches, navigate the hillside for Mohawk BBQ last June. I had enough trouble getting up and down with two good legs, I just don't know how he made that hill, but he did.

He and Connie also attended GMT in Sept last year and many of us got to chat with them both for a bit at dinners, lunch on Saturday etc. He was always positive, upbeat and happy to be with the group, driving his car, or posting silly things online.

One that stands out was when Steve talked about getting a "big cat" and Bob chimed in about not wanting a pet that ate raw meat

Lainey you are so right about the quick connection we often feel in this group. I can't believe I am sitting here crying over someone I only met a couple times, but I feel like I knew him more than that. He will definitely be missed.

Quick Reply: New England has lost one of it's own