S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

my love hate relationship with my s2000

Old 09-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post my love hate relationship with my s2000

it all started last october. i had planned on buying an s2000 in april when my tax check came in but the depression inspired from a recent break up had sped things up. i needed an instant sorce of gradifcation to take my mind of things so i started looking for a red black or white ap1 s2000. after many problems and traveling through 4 different states to look at cars i had given up and decided to wait. a week later i get an email and my enthusiams is reignited. i end up getting a black 01 with 33,059 miles on it. it was the love of my life. i picked it up on october 27 adding to the enjoyment was strange 75 degree weather. over the next two weeks i put ten thousand miles on the car and continued to wash and wax it everyday til january. it was an addiction and life style. i had even memorized my VIN number to give the car an identity. time continued and things didnt start to go down hill until about may. it all started when i got pulled over one sunday night with the top down. i recived 2 tickets and 6 points. two days later an SUV hit a deer into my lane. the deer went under mycar and the car got air born. car is out of commision for a month and the insurance company totals it. i end up getting it fixed for four thousand dollars. and making a bunch of money on the deal. it was a political situation with alot of fights between the adjuster trying to force me out of the shop and spite me and the body shop fighting for me. needless to say i brought the car to a very high end shop and the insurance company didnt like it. eitherway the car has been back on the road for two weeks and i take a road trip to south carolina with my girl friend after getting a paid week off due to an accident at work that required surgery to reconnect tendents in my hand. we get fifty miles from where i have to be in SC and finally get of I-95 and i decide dropping the clutch is in order. this is why im an idiot. one of the keepers on the clutch springs broke and fell into my pressure plate and it wouldnt release. 2000 dollars later a one handed mechanic from NJ is playing honda to install a new ACT clutch and flywheel(price including parts and labor). Three days later im home and i go to the track. take two teeth off my pinion. five thousand dollars and a 91 300zx i bought and sold i have all new drivetrain minus the trans which i thought could handle massive power. i go to the track again wanting to see what this new stuff can do. i get home and all is well. two days later my trans feels rough going into first and is making alot of noise. which brings me to now. now is the point where im 11 grand in the hole and cant go back to school til next semister cause i have an addiction for beating the shit out of my car. but i have reached the point of not giving a shit. oh and over the corse of all this i bought a crx that my friend told me was reliable with a d16y8 in it and i got down to the shore one night and found out it had 1/2 inch bolts holding the drivers side mount to the block. that motor hit the ground hard. so eitherway im not sure why im writting this whole thing except to say the drive trains in our cars cant keep up with the motors and im pissed cause i havent had the car a year yet and a lot of my major components already failed. sorry for wasting your time i was just bored.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:13 PM

crappy....... keep the crx and beat on that. parts are much more easier to replace, cheaper. sounds like you need to find an outlet to let out your frustration, anger,etc. other then trashing your car. i do paintball, it is very stress relieving. good luck.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Banned

i bought the car to beat on it. i like to go fast and make alot of noise and do doughnuts and shit. i started my whole car intrest on american muscle and i guess it gets ingrained in you that burn outs are the coolest thing alive. they just cost you alot in japan i suppose. on and d16y8 suck crx is not fun and i hate fwd. its evil
Old 09-01-2008, 07:24 PM

Received 63 Likes on 24 Posts

Hboy777 made 502 hp at the wheels on a stock differential and trans, also on the stock axles. He didn't break either and made multiple low 11 high 10 sec passes at the track. A friend of mine destroyed a crx trans at that same track and ran a 16.3. He abused it and it broke. Don't abuse your s2k or it will break.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by christopherboon,Sep 1 2008, 11:08 PM
it all started last october. i had planned on buying an s2000 in april when my tax check came in but the depression inspired from a recent break up had sped things up. i needed an instant sorce of gradifcation to take my mind of things so i started looking for a red black or white ap1 s2000. after many problems and traveling through 4 different states to look at cars i had given up and decided to wait. a week later i get an email and my enthusiams is reignited. i end up getting a black 01 with 33,059 miles on it. it was the love of my life. i picked it up on october 27 adding to the enjoyment was strange 75 degree weather. over the next two weeks i put ten thousand miles on the car and continued to wash and wax it everyday til january. it was an addiction and life style. i had even memorized my VIN number to give the car an identity. time continued and things didnt start to go down hill until about may. it all started when i got pulled over one sunday night with the top down. i recived 2 tickets and 6 points. two days later an SUV hit a deer into my lane. the deer went under mycar and the car got air born. car is out of commision for a month and the insurance company totals it. i end up getting it fixed for four thousand dollars. and making a bunch of money on the deal. it was a political situation with alot of fights between the adjuster trying to force me out of the shop and spite me and the body shop fighting for me. needless to say i brought the car to a very high end shop and the insurance company didnt like it. eitherway the car has been back on the road for two weeks and i take a road trip to south carolina with my girl friend after getting a paid week off due to an accident at work that required surgery to reconnect tendents in my hand. we get fifty miles from where i have to be in SC and finally get of I-95 and i decide dropping the clutch is in order. this is why im an idiot. one of the keepers on the clutch springs broke and fell into my pressure plate and it wouldnt release. 2000 dollars later a one handed mechanic from NJ is playing honda to install a new ACT clutch and flywheel(price including parts and labor). Three days later im home and i go to the track. take two teeth off my pinion. five thousand dollars and a 91 300zx i bought and sold i have all new drivetrain minus the trans which i thought could handle massive power. i go to the track again wanting to see what this new stuff can do. i get home and all is well. two days later my trans feels rough going into first and is making alot of noise. which brings me to now. now is the point where im 11 grand in the hole and cant go back to school til next semister cause i have an addiction for beating the shit out of my car. but i have reached the point of not giving a shit. oh and over the corse of all this i bought a crx that my friend told me was reliable with a d16y8 in it and i got down to the shore one night and found out it had 1/2 inch bolts holding the drivers side mount to the block. that motor hit the ground hard. so eitherway im not sure why im writting this whole thing except to say the drive trains in our cars cant keep up with the motors and im pissed cause i havent had the car a year yet and a lot of my major components already failed. sorry for wasting your time i was just bored.
My eyes!!!
Old 09-01-2008, 07:29 PM

Sorry, there's no fix for your problem.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:36 PM

Do you think the fact that he jumped a deer has anything to do with his following problems?
Old 09-01-2008, 07:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by christopherboon,Sep 1 2008, 07:08 PM
that's a lot of bad experiences. didn't mention anything about putting the top down. get some tranquility in your system, feel the breeze and be at ease...
Old 09-01-2008, 07:54 PM

maybe you should buy a go-kart for 2K and beat on that. much cheaper and less dangerous then beating on a car on public roads.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:36 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by christopherboon,Sep 1 2008, 10:08 PM
...... this is why im an idiot.........
Originally Posted by christopherboon,Sep 1 2008, 10:16 PM
i bought the car to beat on it. i like to go fast and make alot of noise and do doughnuts and shit.

Yep I agree your an idiot

Quick Reply: my love hate relationship with my s2000