JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Water/Meth Kit on an NA S

Old 09-15-2008, 06:52 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Water/Meth Kit on an NA S

Was curious to see if anyone had experience or knowledge of NA cars running these kits. I know the FI guys get some nice gains from them, but it's not just the gains that interest me.

It can lower air charge temps, reduce cylinder temps, increase pump gas o race gas specs, allows running more timing, cools and protects motor, cleans up motor, and prevents detonation.

There is more, but these are just some of the benefits. I can see an NA car being able to run high amounts of compression and not worry about running it on pump gas. Timing can be increased safely to further improve power and torque throughout the rpm range. All around this would be a great mod for an NA S.

Anyone know of people running these set ups, or have experience themselves? Hell maybe you know why it wouldn't be a good idea to run this on an NA car.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:48 PM

anyone one with experience please post!
Old 09-15-2008, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just go to the specialty gas station for 110 leaded VP Racing fuel for those days I want more.

I think you will find that a Water/Meth kit will require a lot of work to setup for a small performance benefit and requires maintenance.

If not, 6.99 a gallon FTW.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by midnightsunset,Sep 15 2008, 01:37 PM
I just go to the specialty gas station for 110 leaded VP Racing fuel for those days I want more.

I think you will find that a Water/Meth kit will require a lot of work to setup for a small performance benefit and requires maintenance.

For a NA applications yes
Old 09-15-2008, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for NA i'd like to have it just for the cooling air benefit, if that's even significant enough to justify the install. i wouldn't want to get too hard core and use a standalone to mess with timing or lean the af (what if the unit somehow failed)...
Old 09-15-2008, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by midnightsunset,Sep 15 2008, 02:37 PM

Installation may be a bit complicated, but when finished it should show some good results. I know you don't just gain power by adding this mod, but more so that the power is seen through a better tune.

I would not do this to a stock motor, so that is not why I'm asking. I'm thinking about maybe a Inline 2.5L motor with a 13.0.1 comp ratio. That high a comp ratio will run with a water/meth kit, and I won't have to hunt for higher octane fuel stations. Plus it'll run safer.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by s2k aok,Sep 15 2008, 05:39 PM
for NA i'd like to have it just for the cooling air benefit, if that's even significant enough to justify the install. i wouldn't want to get too hard core and use a standalone to mess with timing or lean the af (what if the unit somehow failed)...
most units have a fail safe. in case it does fail the ecu can be told to switch back to another tune that would be ready to use without the kit.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:12 PM

I would just recommend a fuel cell with higher octane and a switch button. Normal, uncomplicated and more power.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by midnightsunset,Sep 15 2008, 03:37 PM

wont the leaded fuel hurt something or mess something up on the car since its leaded?
Old 09-15-2008, 08:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by midnightsunset,Sep 15 2008, 06:12 PM
I would just recommend a fuel cell with higher octane and a switch button. Normal, uncomplicated and more power.
What if you don't live anywhere that is close to a station that carries race gas?

Quick Reply: Water/Meth Kit on an NA S