UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Sold

FS: Genuine Acrylic headlamp Covers

Old 03-07-2009, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: Genuine Acrylic headlamp Covers

I have six genuine complete sets with fittings and instructions

This item is in packaging and no longer available from Honda, they are only for sale as Myself and Gaspode wanted a set for the Euromeet. In order to purchase sets for our cars I had to buy the remaining European stock from the manufacturer as they are now a discontinued stock line from Honda

These Headlight covers offer style and protection for the front of your car.

Supplied as a pair, in clear, strong Acrylic; these covers simply fit over your existing head lights to prevent stone chips and other expensive damage.

Ideal for European Travel, allowing you to fix beam deflectors to the covers, rather than the headlights directly. This kit comes complete with all fixings, instructions and additional beam deflectors to fit right hand drive cars.

The cost per set is
Old 03-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

These are good. Except you don't need beam deflectors on the S
Old 03-07-2009, 11:47 PM

Hi Ian

Can you confirm about not needing Beam deflectors. I was under the impression from The Euromeet posts that this was a legal requirement when driving abroad.

Kind regards
Sarah
Old 03-08-2009, 12:37 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a grey area.

The law states that they are needed, but the beam is so low on the S2000 that I tend to agree with Ian.

The information is out there, don't take my (or Ian's) word for it, do a bit of research and make your own mind up.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:03 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Sarah, it is because of the pattern of the headlights from the HID, they do not need deflectors. I've done probably 25,000 European miles and never used them
Old 03-08-2009, 01:15 AM

Thank you for the advise........ i had heard from another source that the s2000 did not need them but i agree it is a grey area.... i am going to take them with me anyway.

But the protectors are staying on i would rather chip these than the unit.

kind regards
Sarah
Old 03-08-2009, 01:56 AM

AE Quote: "Sarah, it is because of the pattern of the headlights from the HID, they do not need deflectors. I've done probably 25,000 European miles and never used them "

On the other hand, I always have!

I mentioned in a previous post that it is most unlikely you will be stopped if you do not fit them. Look at any car coming into the UK, and no one seems to have fitted them, but they should have done so, and I'm sure they will not be stopped either.

The issue here is not the height of the beam, but the fact that a RHD vehicle throws its dipped lights towards the left. Follow a UK car - without the deflectors - through one of the (very!) long tunnels on the Continent and you will see how disconcerting it is for drivers coming the other way.

As LTB says, use your own judgement, but they cost less than at tenner (from Halfords, with full fitting instructions for the S2000), and have never harmed my headlights!
Old 03-08-2009, 03:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick question, Why only 2003 onwards? The external headlight design and shape has never changed, only the internals have had a redesign.

Also is there a pick up option, as travel around the UK alot, and could probably be ble to collect.

Cheers
Kiwi
Old 03-08-2009, 03:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote - The headlight protectors are to fit 2003 models onwards

Apologies for the basic question as I havent run a search yet, I thought the headlamps were the same size as the previous years so would they not fit my 2002?

Please can I reserve a set pending your response? Thanks
Old 03-08-2009, 03:28 AM

[QUOTE=Kiwi-S2000,Mar 8 2009, 11:08 AM] Quick question, Why only 2003 onwards? The external headlight design and shape has never changed, only the internals have had a redesign.

Also is there a pick up option, as

Quick Reply: FS: Genuine Acrylic headlamp Covers