S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

CR Coilovers

Old 06-29-2009, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CR Coilovers

Did any try the Hardtopguy.com CR coilovers that fits all year S's? My front right suspension sounds like it's squeeking everytime I go over a bump or turn the wheel a little. Any suggestions on where I can pick up a set of shocks and springs?
Old 06-29-2009, 06:43 AM

the CR coilovers he sells are just the stock S2000 CR springs and shocks... you can get those from any honda dealer. however, hardtopguy is probably cheaper and i've bought from him a few times and never had a bad experience.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:09 AM

Is the CR suspension better then the 03 models?
Old 06-29-2009, 09:58 AM

yes, the springs are stiffer and i think a tiny bit lower.

you won't notice a huge difference, if you want a better handling suspension you could save up a couple hundred more dollars and get a full adjustable coilover.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by DocB04,Jun 29 2009, 09:58 AM
yes, the springs are stiffer and i think a tiny bit lower.

you won't notice a huge difference, if you want a better handling suspension you could save up a couple hundred more dollars and get a full adjustable coilover.
Not precisely. Don't assume that just because its a coil over its better than a CR suspension. Far from it. Almost all low end coil overs will hurt your handling. If you want an upgrade then save a few grand at least. KW V3 seem to be very popular, but they aren't the most affordable. That is just 1 example.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by dimi,Jun 29 2009, 01:40 PM
Not precisely. Don't assume that just because its a coil over its better than a CR suspension. Far from it. Almost all low end coil overs will hurt your handling. If you want an upgrade then save a few grand at least. KW V3 seem to be very popular, but they aren't the most affordable. That is just 1 example.

KW V3s are nice. If you're on a budget, take a look at Megan street or track coilovers. A lot of people consider them "low-end" but I've nothing but good things.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by dimi,Jun 29 2009, 04:40 PM
i don't believe that i said buy a low end coilover either. I said save a few hundred more and buy a full adjustable set. I left the rest open for him because he isn't asking about full coilovers in this topic.

however, i do agree with you to an extent. there are plenty of coilovers that are inexpensive that will improve upon the cr's handling capabilities. but inexpensive is all relative.

and since you're speaking about KW, i think the v2 would suit his needs better since he's considering the cr suspension. he's probably not a die hard track junky that needs something like the v3.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by dimi,Jun 29 2009, 01:40 PM
Don't assume that just because its a coil over its better than a CR suspension.
Aren't you assuming he meant that? He didn't even say that...

And the KW V3's aren't necessary for someone who was looking at buying an OEM suspension. Might as well get Ohlins, right?
Old 06-29-2009, 11:46 PM

We'll I didn't look at the MY he had and I guess I was a bit quick to jump.

MY00-01 have very stiff rear springs and similar spec shocks to the CR. On the other hand the front is very soft and inadequate. So if you want a cheap, effective suspension upgrade you can just get the front CR components. Many members have done that with great results. I just assumed he was going that direction as he mentioned his front right is squeaking.

On an 02-03 they softened up the rear while making the front stiffer so in that scenario I would get the whole CR setup. In that case you are spending over $1100 at least so I guess it's not a far stretch to save a little more and get a fully adjustable coil over.

As for the KW V3 I just used that as an example. I am not too familiar with which coil over setups are good for what, but a lot of people run those with good results...

I'll read closer next time
Old 06-30-2009, 09:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about looking into C/R shocks/struts and mating them with Ground Control coilover springs(with custom spring rates that are on the C/R). Then its a C/R spec'd full coilover system that is height adjustable. Just an idea...

Quick Reply: CR Coilovers