S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Standalone EMS Tuning-in person or remote/internet

Old 11-25-2009, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Standalone EMS Tuning-in person or remote/internet

Options, pricing terms and conditions

Please email me only when you have all your parts and are ready for tuning within 2 weeks at any of the following address with your modifications, goals and current budget Due to many inquiries I will only respond to those who are ready to tune within 2 weeks of the tune Include your screen name on all the forums you participate, the main one will do just fine. Your real name and any form of communication is also required at the very beginning of consultation. Any information missing will result in a delay for a reply.

My cell number is only given to my current clientele. I can call you from a blocked number if you would like to speak with me over phone.

Datalloging Requirements

1) Must meet all terms and conditions
2) If 1 is met, then a long flat road (upto 95mph if done in 3rd, 65 in 2nd if and only if you have traction) with minimal bumps or dyno rental is required.
3) If 1 & 2 are met, you Must then either purchase, rent or borrow a laptop with a long lasting battery. If you don't have a long lasting battery, i recommend purchasing an ac to dc power inverter/converter which are available at wal-mart and other stores (about $25 for a good one)
4) Patience, Time and Internet Connection (recommend a connection that gives you internet anywhere you go)

Frequently Asked Questions

1) How Long will my tune take?
A) Average full vtc tune with part throttle takes 6 hours; Can be seperated into 3 days
Average full vtc tune without part throttle takes 3-4 hours; Can be seperated into 3 days
Average complete street tune takes 2 hours
Average General Part Throttle Tune takes <1 hour
Average General WOT Cleanup takes <1 hour

2) Can you tune other cars?
A) Yes, as long as they have standlone ecu's with wideband o2 sensors. Won't tune cars with narrowband sensors

3) Which ecus or piggy back's DONT you tune?
A) Greddy Emanage and any other piggy pack ECU's due to the way they trick the ecu. In the long run, they will cause harm to an engine. If I don't have the software and it is not available for download, you will have to email me a zip file or send me a disc in the mail.

4) I've been having issues 6 months after i got tuned and my af ratios are out of control, can you fix it?
A) If your previous tuner didn't set your air temperature compensation tables, then you'd need to contact your tuner if you trust them again. However, I can fix this with a general af tune and i'll set your compensation after your af is perfect. Most likely you need a new o2 sensor. However, I can test this out by looking at a datalog for $31

5) Why do some tunes take so long?
A) Some cars require extensive time spent on the tune and Elite Tuning tunes to perfection (as long as everything else is working properly)

6) I cannot do the logs in the 2 months allowed time frame due to no dyno and bad weather, what can i do?
A) Purchase an unlimited tune package so you have 1 year for unlimited tuning and support.

If your answer is not listed above, please visit my website's FAQ before emailing me www.elitetuning.net/faq. If you meet all the requirements and an answer to your question is not listed above or in the FAQ, please email me.

6) Do you recommend certain setups?
A) Yes I do. However, all questions must be asked in 3 or less emails. Additional emails will be ignored due to the abundance of emails I receive daily. If I cannot answer a question for you, I will refer you to someone who will.

Elitetuning@aol.com
Elite.tuning@hotmail.com
Eliteenginetuning@yahoo.com
Eliteenginetuning@gmail.com
FlashPro Tuning
Old 11-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

FYI, the text above appears to have been pasted twice.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:33 PM

I just started using a macintosh so buttons are a little different. I did edit the first post. Thanks for reporting the error.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:11 AM
Former Sponsor

For $31 ... what the heck. PayPal sent!

BTW, can you expand on the difference between these 2 options? The "General Part Throttle Tune" makes sense until you read the "Full Part throttle tune" and see that it's the same price ($52).

General Part Throttle Tune (no cam angle adjustments)-Fuel and ignition is adjusted for close to stock ,stock or better then stock fuel economy. This includes proper idle adjustments. Gas Mileage will vary depending on modifications.
Cost B,D,F,H&K=$52 includes Paypal Fees or Western Union

Full Part throttle tune (Covers all part throttle cam angle maps (if app.) for af and ignition, & idle )
Cost K Series=$165 +Paypal fees or Western Union
Cost B, D,F & H on Stock Cams=$52
Cost B, D,F & H on aftermarket Cams w/or w/out gears=$135
Old 12-01-2009, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by gernby,Dec 1 2009, 06:11 AM
For $31 ... what the heck. PayPal sent!

BTW, can you expand on the difference between these 2 options? The "General Part Throttle Tune" makes sense until you read the "Full Part throttle tune" and see that it's the same price ($52).

Edit

I now understand the confusion and have made it easier to understand.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I remote tune tons of people's cars. I send them a map. They load and data log a few runs for me and I make changes and "remotely" tune the map. There are over 20 companies right now that do this.
Have a good day

J. R.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Everyone, chill out and be respectful.

No trolls or troll baiting.

You will be moderated. Especially those of you with userage = 0 and posting from Ontario, Canada.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Not trying to bait, but bangtruck did ask a question that I'm curious about the answer for. What level of tune can be achieved via remote tuning without the ability to find BMT? Is it a goal at all to find BMT, then back it off to avoid knock, or are you just trying to find a "good enough" tune for the money spent? My assumption is the latter, which is fine for the price.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:57 PM

I can find max torque with the safest ignition, fuel and cam timing without a dyno. How do i do it? Well that's why I do what I do best. It has a lot to do with what I know and how I tune.

My tuning procedures are very different from most other tuners and this is why I have clients around the world (all the way in Germany to be exact)
Old 12-02-2009, 08:26 PM

Read my post again, I have my ways

Quick Reply: Standalone EMS Tuning-in person or remote/internet