S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Js Racing 70RR blue review

Old 07-11-2010, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Js Racing 70RR blue review

First off I would like to thank Phil at N1 Concepts he is a Great vendor. I would like to change peoples view on Js racing exhaust.

After months of searching for ultimate exhaust after looking at T1R, Js, Amuse, invidia I finally came to my decision with the Js racing 70RR Blue

Let me start of and say for everyone that is looking to purchase this exhaust and afraid of the drone or being too Loud!!! This is far from being an uncontrollable exhaust and only good for track days. I daily drive it and Love it!!!!!

I perviously had an invidia N1 duals W/o a test pipe and let me say that makes your head vibrate. It sounds great and great for the money but as far as DD I feel that is a much more in car vibrator
On the other hand that Js is Loud dont get me wrong especially when you go wide open throttle. But majority of the noise is kept outside the cabin. If I were to rate noise/drone level I would say that

Quite 1------5 Loud

Invidia by far a 5 (drone) and a 4 (loudness)

Js a 3 (drone) and 5 (loudness)

It all depends how you drive and throttle position. I drove on a 2 hr car ride to a autocross event in Harrisburg, PA and 2 hrs back had that biggest smile on my face. My ears were not ringing and sounded like the Invidia with Silencers in on the Highway cruising at around 74 mph

I am not trying to make any arguments because I am sure everyone has there own view on how loud they can handle all I am trying to say is when I wanted to look into this exhaust. All I saw was "it will make your ears bleed" and Impossible to DD and that is IMO not true at all

All I can say is until you drive it you will not never know but wonder

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 07-11-2010, 08:54 PM

Very nice! I wanted the RS but ended up getting a t1r instead. Are you planning on getting a cap or anything for the left side? I have not decided what to do with mine yet.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by myslow1,Jul 11 2010, 08:54 PM
Very nice! I wanted the RS but ended up getting a t1r instead. Are you planning on getting a cap or anything for the left side? I have not decided what to do with mine yet.
I have always been thinking about it before i bought the exhaust. But I really dont mind the look Its not really worth getting a new bumper and painting it all over. So I am just keeping this look for now
Old 07-12-2010, 05:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How's the fitment on your 08? I really like this exhaust but heard there are fitment issues with some exhaust systems.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by roflitzjinno,Jul 12 2010, 05:49 AM
How's the fitment on your 08? I really like this exhaust but heard there are fitment issues with some exhaust systems.
The Fitment was great I had the same feeling when i purchased this exhaust. I had been told it does not fit but let me tell you this exhaust took me less than 5 minutes to put on so light and fits perfectly. The only thing is you need to get a Cel fix for the DBW because it will throw a code
Old 07-12-2010, 06:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh so it eliminates the CAT? Do you don't have any rattling or knocking during hard turning? I had that issue with my last exhaust being a one piece.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by roflitzjinno,Jul 12 2010, 05:49 AM
The 70RS model does not fit the 06+ models. the 70RR does fit. Car looks great. I used to have the same on my AP2. It was ok for daily around town etc. still loud of course, but managable. I took a 8 hour drive to the dragon... i wanted to shoot myself the drone was so bad cruising. Have you done any trips that long yet at all? lol. Id DID sound great at WOT and on track though enjoy!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:56 AM

I went to harrisburg for a autocross event this past weekend it was a 2hr drive there and 2 hrs back was not bad at all. I have a CR and hard top tho so i have no idea what it feels like without the top. I just know with the soft top it might be a bit more
Old 07-12-2010, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by GT Motoring,Jul 12 2010, 08:54 AM
The 70RS model does not fit the 06+ models. the 70RR does fit. Car looks great. I used to have the same on my AP2. It was ok for daily around town etc. still loud of course, but managable. I took a 8 hour drive to the dragon... i wanted to shoot myself the drone was so bad cruising. Have you done any trips that long yet at all? lol. Id DID sound great at WOT and on track though enjoy!
Wait so why does the RS not fit? i
Old 07-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kcrsrt8,Jul 12 2010, 08:56 AM
I went to harrisburg for a autocross event this past weekend it was a 2hr drive there and 2 hrs back was not bad at all. I have a CR and hard top tho so i have no idea what it feels like without the top. I just know with the soft top it might be a bit more
I had a mugen hard top at the time.

Quick Reply: Js Racing 70RR blue review