S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Review: ASM Siren Circuit Exhaust

Old 08-26-2010, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review: ASM Siren Circuit Exhaust

I've been meaning to post this review for a while now but just haven't had the time. Anyway, here goes...

During my search for the latest exhaust to be fitted to my car, I had a hard time finding useful information on the ASM Siren Circuit Exhaust. Pictures of the exhaust are almost non-existent other than the ones on display at ASM or their customers cars, all of which were shot at the same angle. All that I knew about this exhaust before I ordered it was that 1. it's a little pricy 2. it looks weird 3. it's designed to meet the Japanese noise regulations.

Thanks go out to Ben from A&J for the exhaust and Aaron from GoTuning for the information he had provided me with. (Sorry Aaron but importing the exhaust myself would've been extremely expensive knowing how our border officers operate up here.)

Here's a list of exhausts that have been on my car in the past:
OEM
Amuse Dual
Mugen Sport
T1R 63mm
T1R 60Titanium prototype
J's Racing 60RS
T1R 70R-EM Titanium
ASM S-Special 70mm

I have also test driven just about any other quality exhausts out there for the S2000, so no my opinion is not based from online discussions and youtube videos.

I originally (6 years ago) started out with the intention to make my car sound just a tad sportier, but as I quickly got hooked on trackdays, my attention moved towards performance and weight savings. Over the past couple of years, however, my focus has slowly drifted back to my career and unfortunately the car rarely gets driven these days. This has brought me back on the market for a street-friendly exhaust that still makes proper sports car noises.

I was very satisfied with the S-Special actually with its sound and power. The exhaust was throaty at idle, had negligible drone under load, and screamed in VTEC. I guess I just wanted to find out why all these people on ASM's blog ditched their S-Specials for the very-expensive-for-a-stainless-steel-exhaust Siren Circuit.

Anyway, when the Siren showed up, it had a small dent in one of the resonators. This really stood out like a sore-thumb from the otherwise very well made exhaust. I noticed though that the exhaust isn't exactly lightweight yet ASM went without the middle hanger, likely due to the size of the resonator itself. During installation, I also found the differential hanger bushing to be slightly pulled towards the front by the exhaust, which isn't a big deal but unexpected for an exhaust with ASM's name and pricetag attached. I later confirmed that to be normal with the other cars on ASM's blog.

Anyway, onto the impression. One word sums up this exhaust really well: QUIET. The car no longer roars to life, and it does not have the aggressive tone of your typical aftermarket exhaust at lower RPMs. The car starts and idles very quietly. During normal driving I can barely notice myself running an aftermarket exhaust. From the outside, however, there is an unique hollow yet refined exhaust note that is unlike any other exhaust I've heard on the S2000, and fortunately the Siren still makes the right noises (albeit at a lesser dB) in VTEC, which is similar to but the sound characteristic of the S-Special. One notable downside that was immediately felt was the power and response compared to the 70mm, but that really doesn't bother me at this point.

Coles notes:
- odd-looking
- not the lightest
- not the most powerful
- sounds cool

Hopefully this review is helpful to those of you on the fence about the Siren Circuit Exhaust.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the review. How quiet is quiet, compared to the OEM exhaust?
Old 08-27-2010, 12:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, you really don't have to beat around the bush. I can tell you are ultimately trying to justify spending $4k on this exhaust, but is having a hard time telling yourself it was REALLY worth it. Props to you since you were able to afford it, but it really doesn't sound like you are extremely happy with your purchase.

If I were to spend that much dough on an exhaust, It better be titanium and super-light (5-8lbs), somewhat quiet but aggressive when at WOT, horsepower gains, and ultimately it better remind me that I'm in a sports car.

Ahem, Amuse R1 Titan
Old 08-27-2010, 01:26 AM

4k? damn.

No offense I don't think any exhaust is worth 4k unless it makes 150whp over stock.

Even if it weighs 0 pounds lol
Old 08-27-2010, 04:49 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the review. Do you have a test pipe installed?

I'd love to replace my ASM 60 with the siren, but I just can't justify the price. Especially for it being a non-titanium exhaust.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:50 AM

It'd be nice if you could compare the circuit siren to your previous exhausts regarding comparable exhaust note and exhaust noise level as part of your review.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I guess I don't have to feel bad for the cost of my exhaust anymore

Looks good though, I like it... wish it was dual though
Old 08-27-2010, 07:12 AM

more installed pics?
Old 08-27-2010, 07:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like all this exhaust exhibits is JDM bling. What's that comment about Mugen...So your friends can say wow, once. This exhaust screams that comment. A SS 60mm single exhaust that is $4k...Just doesn't add up in my book.

I see the OP selling this exhaust within the next 6 months and picking up another exhaust from a company like Tracy Sports.

Sorry for being so mean but I tell it like it is...
Old 08-27-2010, 07:29 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IAmTheRealAsif,Aug 27 2010, 01:26 AM
4k? damn.

No offense I don't think any exhaust is worth 4k unless it makes 150whp over stock.

Even if it weighs 0 pounds lol

http://www.gotuning.com/product_info...oducts_id=1010

gotuning finally has a dyno for that exhaust. more pictures and videos.

Quick Reply: Review: ASM Siren Circuit Exhaust