S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/introductions-21/)
-   -   Don't own an S2k.....but.... (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/introductions-21/dont-own-s2k-but-505513/)

Assass1n 07-08-2007 07:23 AM

Don't own an S2k.....but....

Hello everybody. I currently own an 04 Evo GSR. Love my car to death and sometimes couldn't imagine parting with it, but the S2K makes me think about it. The drop top, low center of gravity, and all around fun factor make me really really love the S2k. Including the fact that it just looks great. I had a chance to swap cars for the day with a friend of mine who owns an S2k. I must say I had a lot of fun even though he kept kickin my @55 with my car. :D It's definitely weird and cool as heck to see my car from the outside though and be able to hear what others hear.

Anywayz, I'm actually debating on trading my Evo for an S2k. I've been on the fence about the S2k, 350z, or maybe a nice 5 series bimmer. I'm not trying to murder everything on the road, so all 3 of these are a great choice. Plus, no matter what you own, there's always someone faster. So what do you all think? I know it's kind of stupid asking S2K enthusiasts whether or not I should get an S2K, but maybe some of you still have some good answers worth reading. :D

Well, anyway, just saying hello and giving props to S2K owners because, out of all the car owners I come across, S2K owners are more enjoyable to talk to and cruise with.

LATA!!

tekstar 07-08-2007 09:37 AM

:hello:

The evo is definately a fun car. If I needed the extra space the evo would be one on the top of my list.

It seems you need to first decide whether you need a 4 seater. Do you really need the trunk space and extra seats? If so I would just stay with your evo.

Between the s2k and 350z, I have to say the s2k, but I am a bit biased :). My friend let me drive his 07 350z, and to tell you the truth I wasn't impressed. The torque is nice, especially from the newer engine. The car just feels too heavy for me to like it. The interior of the car was decent, and is overall a nice drive.

I guess when it comes down to it, you have to test drive all of your choices and see which one leaves you with a smile over and over again :)

Lionheart 07-09-2007 05:43 AM

What confuses me is that you're in the market for an S2000 or 350Z or a series 5 bimmer :eek: I don't get that bimmer part to rime with the others :p

It seems quite some EVO/WRX/STI drivers tend to like the S2000 for what it is (vert, engine, gearbox, looks, reliability, mpg, drives like a cart etc) and some :p S2000 drivers really like the option to go EVO/WRX/STI at some stage for what those cars are (fast from a stop, AWD, room & trunk, easy to boost etc).

One big family :hello:

Assass1n 07-11-2007 05:46 AM

It would be an older 5 series bimmer not a new one lol. maybe like an 02 or 03. I really want an AP1 s2k so I'm willing to trade off the Evo for one. My payments and stuff are outrageous, but with a refinance and good credit you can do better with my Evo than I can. So if interested, please by all means PM me and we can talk. I've had her since she had 9k miles on her and she's never been tracked or overly abused. Mostly used for daily driving and some fun here and there.

The s2k is just a great car. Lionheart pretty much hit the nail on the head as to why I want one. I don't need the extra room or the extra 2 doors.

Mystiqueskillz 07-11-2007 03:25 PM

I think you should go ahead and make the trade for an S2000. Before even considering a S2000, I was in huge dilemma between an Evo IX MR or a STI until my friend suggested that I look at a S2000 and that's what I'm driving right now... I drove both extensively and hands down the S2000 is more fun to drive.

Stew_AP1 07-15-2007 11:11 AM

I just sold my Evo and picked up a AP1 S2000. The S2000 is a BLAST to drive, as you know. The Evo isn't off the fun chart either, but they are most definitely different cars. I had nothing but problems with my Evo (blown motor, warranty issues, etc). I picked up the S2000 because it's one of the most fun cars to drive, Honda is on top of the Engineering field, reliability is key, and I just don't need all of the extra room. I have a Cherokee that I can dump stuff into if I need to haul junk or people around.

Besides, the Evo will be much easier to sell with lower miles (do it now), and before it breaks (I am jaded), and while it's still under "warranty" (if Mitsubishi would actually stand behind their Evo's).

Just be ready for a little less HP, but an increase in "fun to drive". Plus you'll be getting rid of the tin-can interior which everyone whines about :)

Also to be noted: while most chicks may think you're a "ricer" with the stock wing, they definitely dig convertables :LOL: