Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Greetings! Future S2k Owner!

Old 08-10-2015, 09:38 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you Chuck! Your explanation provided me with a lot of comprehension. I now have a broader perspective in what to look into as I'm still currently in the market to get an S2000.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:40 AM

@hattorihanzol, thank you for the visuals. I'm gonna have to agree that the glass looks a lot more presentable. Is there a major price difference between the two?
Old 08-10-2015, 09:44 AM

@Blueprint, I live in the central valley of CA. In between the big cities, like LA and San Francisco. Message me photos and information of the vehicle. Thanks!
Old 08-10-2015, 12:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ebpemone
@hattorihanzol, thank you for the visuals. I'm gonna have to agree that the glass looks a lot more presentable. Is there a major price difference between the two?
The main differences would be that the plastic is harder to maintain. It fogs up easily and wrinkles making it harder to see through the rear. Although the view is larger compared to the glass. The glass also has a defroster. Either way I recommend picking up a S2000 with glass in the soft top already to avoid these issues. Make sure you inspect the top for tears and holes when you start shopping around. I think a replacement soft top goes from $350-$600 depending on the condition or you can by Robbins or another brand in new condition.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:28 PM

^thanks. It only make sense that the plastic top will be harder to maintain because of the material that it's made out off. And a 300-650 replacement for a new one does not sound too bad. I will also make sure to look for any tears or rips when I do begin shopping more extravagantly. My insurance adjuster just came by today to inspect my wrecked Em1 so let's see how much I'm going to get back.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome.

Check out the link in my signature.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:40 PM

^voted! And thank you
Old 08-12-2015, 06:01 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome

Your EM1 was awesome!
Old 08-13-2015, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blueprint
Where are you from? I have an 03 GPW that i am considering on selling.
i am looking for that color and year to purchase soon do you mind giving me some contact info so we can speak more about it thanks
Old 12-21-2018, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,

Picked up my S2000 last Saturday;

Had the TCT rattle issue when warm, but I replaced with a genuine Honda part, along with a full service.

Having serviced the car/ having faith I wasn't going to slip a tooth on the timing chain, I've absolutely loved driving it - (not that I didn't anyway- just scared of the TC). Changing the air filter and removing the cover has really increased the sound of VTEC engaging - great noise!

I love how nimble the steering is and how planted it feels on the road! - Previously noteable cars; Celica GT4, Hawkeye Impreza STI, Supercharged 350z.

The car has been owned by a UK S2000 Owners club member - going by the key fob.

If anyone has information about the car, I'd love to know - it's definitely been modified in the past as the underside of the bonnet has been cut to fit the Tegiwa style intake and also has an Invidia manifold which I only noticed when changing the gear box oil.

Parts I'm interested in if anyone is selling;

Invidia Q300 catback
Tegiwa/ AEM/ K&N Typhoon induction kit - preferably the carbon Tegiwa one.
Maybe some lowering springs if anyone has any for sale.

Jordan - Herts

Quick Reply: Greetings! Future S2k Owner!