Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Introduce yourself here! Part II

Old 06-11-2017, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello

hi everyone,im from Quebec,Canada,writing for my husband who's not good in english
we got an s2k yr 2000 and searching for some parts,do i need to find a place in USA or if someone know
in Canada a place for special parts
thanks
France and RV
Attached Thumbnails Introduce yourself here! Part II-4-sept.-2015-3-.jpg  
Old 06-20-2017, 10:36 PM

Default New owner from Cali

posting on here for my brother as he will be using this account but he just picked up a 2001 s2k. 170k miles on it with a unknown widebody kit. Car is in good condition but still needs some work. He said it was vibrating under hard acceleration, and makes an rubbing clunk when turning left. Other than that the car looks to be solid.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:55 AM

Hello everyone, Recently purchased my first S2000 (2003 Silverstone Metallic with Black interior). Wanted an S2000 after I saw two of them having a blast at the Tail of the Dragon all the way back in 2007. The car is currently all stock. Probably going to find some ap2v1 wheels and just enjoy driving it for the rest of the year while I decide what I want to do with it. I just can't leave things alone.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Frankie_Knuckles

Hello all, I'm new to the S2K community. I Recently purchased a darn near mint 2003 AP1 in the Suzuka blue combination with 60k on it. I couldn't be more pleased.

As i am sure much if you do, I remember falling in love with this car the year it came out. It wasn't until recently that I had the means to fly from Fort Hood TX to Flowery Branch GA (scoured the country to find just the right on) to by my baby. It was a great drive back home too.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and if there is anyone in the Fort Hood I would love to meet other S2K owners.
welcome, and the car looks gorgeous!
Old 06-24-2017, 01:25 PM

Smile Hello from the greater Indianapolis area!

Just picked up a 2 owner 2006 Laguna blue S2000.

34,000 miles

Totally unmolested.

However, I'm have some work to do.

When I get on the gas hard the car appears rotate clockwise. When I lift, it comes back around. I'm not talking about a lot of rotation but it is definitely there. Motor mounts maybe? Anything wrong with this car is likely to be from sitting versus hard use.

The VSC light is on, as is the SRS light. I see residue in front of the the airbag icon which looks to me like a PO put tape over the warning light.

A code is being thrown that says engine coil # 2 has a fault. So far I have replaced all spark plugs and the #2 coil. Still shows a code, verified by two different scanners.

It's Florida car and inside and out is simply beautiful. Although one of the PO's must have left it out in the rain since there is a distinct odor of mold.

I'll get pics up soon.

Any advice on my cars issues would absolutely great!
Old 06-24-2017, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Welcome!

Originally Posted by Indy Dave
When I get on the gas hard the car appears rotate clockwise. When I lift, it comes back around. I'm not talking about a lot of rotation but it is definitely there. Motor mounts maybe? Anything wrong with this car is likely to be from sitting versus hard use.
First, check tire pressure.

Originally Posted by Indy Dave
A code is being thrown that says engine coil # 2 has a fault. So far I have replaced all spark plugs and the #2 coil. Still shows a code, verified by two different scanners.
Did you reset the code after replacing the plugs and coil?
Old 06-25-2017, 06:35 AM

Hi JulieU, glad to be here!

Multiple attempts to reset the code on the #2 coil have not been successful.

Regarding tire pressure, they were all over the place! The back - right was at 12 psi However, they are all at 32psi know and the mysterious handling is still there. With the correct pressures a drive on grooved a concrete interstate is much less nerve racking.

On a related note, I discovered that the rear tires are the wrong size. The rears are 245/45 (too tall, should be 245/40). I hope that accounts for the VSA light coming on after a few miles of driving. The rear tires are telling the ECU things it doesn't like. Or at least that is my theory. If my thinking is correct, the ECU is registering lower rear wheel speed that it is actually getting. Yes?
Old 06-25-2017, 04:36 PM

Hello all. Thought I would introduce my car.

2003 New Formula Red / Black

This was an inheritance and at first I was going to trade it in for something new. But then I drove it. All the way from Arizona to Florida. And by the end of that trip I had decided I was keeping it. I bought a new set of headlights for it as the original AP1 lights were too far gone to save. So far the only mod I have done is the AEM Cold Air Induction. And I have a front lip for it but not yet installed. Many more mods to come too.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:38 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts
Default Hello from Oregon

Hey All,

I've been fond of Honda products for some time now. I grew up with them as a kid — the two-wheeled variety that is. My first new car purchase was a Honda ('87 CRX Si). I returned to Hondas of the two-wheeled variety once again ten years ago. While I enjoy motorcycles, my wife doesn't quite share my enthusiasm for them. So we've been talking about acquiring some sort of roadster for a while now. Something that would allow us to enjoy the open road together. After following the S2000 market here in the Pacific Northwest for quite some time it seemed unlikely that we would find the right deal. That all changed last week when we found a really nice low-mileage 2005 model in my favorite color combo: Grand Prix White with Tan interior. I'm looking forward to learning more about this car and how to properly care for it here on the forum. I'd also like to thank anyone who is involved in making this place happen.

2005 Honda S2000 (Grand Prix White) in Mt Hood National Forest.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:57 AM

Just got mine about 2 months ago but never introduced myself. Always wanted one and an opportunity popped up to buy mine on my birthday. Loving it so far. Need to do the TCT soon though.

Quick Reply: Introduce yourself here! Part II