Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Midwest S2K Owner, Childhood dream

Old 04-07-2019, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Midwest S2K Owner, Childhood dream

Happy Sunday everyone!

I finally did it and nabbed up my childhood dream car! I know my aspirations and "dream" car status is a little much. But being a 90's baby I grew up on the rise of the ricers and went through my stint with that! But through the entire time the car that was out of my price range but not out of my dreams was the S2000!

I picked up a 00' Silver soft top on Tuesday and could not be happier. It has some miles on it, but for the most part is in damn good condition for being 20 years old almost.

Looking forward to learning from the brains and clowns of this group!

My last build (I know its been a bit!) 2006 Toyota Xrunner:
Moneyblind's Build [Consolidating all my threads] | X-Runner Underground

I will probably lurk around some, ask some very newbie questions, and try to find some way to give back to the community (I have access to 3d printers and laser cutters for some nice little mods once i find em ) and electronic mods (my fav being that I am a EE enthusiast.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:55 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Congratulations on the S2K.

The S2000 might not strike a lot of people as a dream car, but I suppose a person could do a whole lot worse as far as dream cars go. It's ironic because just yesterday my son was talking about dream cars. I was a bit surprised as he's not really into cars. (At least he can, and does, drive a manual transmission.) It seems that he really likes the 370Z and would consider it his dream car. (I'd rather have a 240z, but that's me.) He wondered if that seemed a bit odd and asked if the S2000 was my dream car. I thought about it and figured, yep pretty much. As it is I could do without the rising values of these cars. I just don't like to have that much money wrapped up in a vehicle. So while there are plenty of cars that I would love to drive and enjoy I can't think of all that many I would truly want to own. Most of those cars I would like to experience would be a waste of performance on the street and would likely be worth an amount I'd be uncomfortable with, Some of that might come from fact that I've had a previous "dream car" stolen in the past. But the bottom line is that these are really fun cars to own. They are reliable, easy to work on and if you need parts they are reasonably priced. There is plenty to like here.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:11 AM

Woah, Stolen?! Thats harsh! What vehicle?
Old 04-08-2019, 09:43 AM

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by GuthNW
Congratulations on the S2K.

The S2000 might not strike a lot of people as a dream car, but I suppose a person could do a whole lot worse as far as dream cars go. It's ironic because just yesterday my son was talking about dream cars. I was a bit surprised as he's not really into cars. (At least he can, and does, drive a manual transmission.) It seems that he really likes the 370Z and would consider it his dream car. (I'd rather have a 240z, but that's me.) He wondered if that seemed a bit odd and asked if the S2000 was my dream car. I thought about it and figured, yep pretty much. As it is I could do without the rising values of these cars. I just don't like to have that much money wrapped up in a vehicle. So while there are plenty of cars that I would love to drive and enjoy I can't think of all that many I would truly want to own. Most of those cars I would like to experience would be a waste of performance on the street and would likely be worth an amount I'd be uncomfortable with, Some of that might come from fact that I've had a previous "dream car" stolen in the past. But the bottom line is that these are really fun cars to own. They are reliable, easy to work on and if you need parts they are reasonably priced. There is plenty to like here.
The S2000 wasn't my dream car when I was in high school. But as I grew older and older, I learned more and more about the engineering that went into this car. Honestly speaking, the performance engineering thrown into this car rival those from more exotic/exclusive manufacturer. That's when I knew this was my achievable dream car.

The only regret is that the S2000 has virtually zero underbody aerodynamics. But, that's really a victim of its time. Not so much the design. (Look under any car before 2010, underbody aerodynamics wasn't part of the drawing board.)
Old 04-08-2019, 11:25 AM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by KaizenKody
Woah, Stolen?! Thats harsh! What vehicle?
It was a really clean 1967 Camaro Convertible. I did not have access to a garage back then so the car was sitting out in the open every night. (Until the night it disappeared that is.)
Old 04-08-2019, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by GuthNW
It was a really clean 1967 Camaro Convertible. I did not have access to a garage back then so the car was sitting out in the open every night. (Until the night it disappeared that is.)
That is a sickening feeling!