Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

New 2006 AP2 Owner! FINALLY! YAYE!

Old 07-18-2017, 03:19 AM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

You guys are pushing my buttons!

My used 2006 came with those same horrible black wheels. I was lucky to find OEM replacements. Other than making the car look like the wheel covers were stolen they were narrower than OEM so the fenders didn't need modification but the tires didn't fit well. Photobucket is blocking my ability to post photos of this ugly combination. Since these wheels serve no useful function why get them?

Hear any exhaust from inside the car for an extended period before buying. My rave reviews of the Tanabe Medalion Touring may still be too loud for you. The Q300 required ear plugs.

The stanced Civic guys at the high school appreciated the black wheels and annoying exhaust so this may be generational. I'm long out of high school -- and college.

-- Chuck
The following users liked this post:
rokkerkory (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 07:34 AM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
You guys are pushing my buttons!

My used 2006 came with those same horrible black wheels. I was lucky to find OEM replacements. Other than making the car look like the wheel covers were stolen they were narrower than OEM so the fenders didn't need modification but the tires didn't fit well. Photobucket is blocking my ability to post photos of this ugly combination. Since these wheels serve no useful function why get them?

Hear any exhaust from inside the car for an extended period before buying. My rave reviews of the Tanabe Medalion Touring may still be too loud for you. The Q300 required ear plugs.

The stanced Civic guys at the high school appreciated the black wheels and annoying exhaust so this may be generational. I'm long out of high school -- and college.

-- Chuck
Haha, let me guess, the first digit in your age is also a 4. Fifteen years ago, I would have gone for the Invidia and aftermarket wheels as well. Now I'd rather transfer the cost of those items into savings while I enjoy the preferred look of my stock S2000. Anymore, seeing a stock S2000 is like seeing a natural beauty who hasn't aged a bit, while a heavily modded one is like that chick who used to be hot but she now she has had too much plastic surgery.
rokkerkory (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats and welcome
rokkerkory (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 12:30 PM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

... and too many tattoos.

-- Chuck
Old 07-18-2017, 12:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks guys! My buying experience was pretty good, went through a dealer so a bit more $ than I wanted to spend but the car has clean, low miles and STOCK which was a must. Dealer was over 300 miles from my house so it was a nice flight out and picking up the car then heading home. Of course, I'd prefer to buy from an owner but just really isn't nice clean samples around here at the price I was looking at (low 20s). BTW - It was a nice intimate drive to get to know the car! So freaking fun! Reminds me a lot of my M3 just a bit more raw feeling.

OEM spoiler is about 1in to 1.5in lower than the lowest part of the bumper (my best estimate). It's pretty low with front lip on stock suspension however. I don't think I'll even consider lowering the car.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rokkerkory
Thanks guys! My buying experience was pretty good, went through a dealer so a bit more $ than I wanted to spend but the car has clean, low miles and STOCK which was a must. Dealer was over 300 miles from my house so it was a nice flight out and picking up the car then heading home. Of course, I'd prefer to buy from an owner but just really isn't nice clean samples around here at the price I was looking at (low 20s). BTW - It was a nice intimate drive to get to know the car! So freaking fun! Reminds me a lot of my M3 just a bit more raw feeling.

OEM spoiler is about 1in to 1.5in lower than the lowest part of the bumper (my best estimate). It's pretty low with front lip on stock suspension however. I don't think I'll even consider lowering the car.
I have a 2011 M3 6MT and a 2003 S as my fun cars -- they definitely have their similarities and have two of the best high revving engines ever made in my opinion. I've only had the S a few months and its stil strange going from the stiff, short clutch travel in the S to the M's deeper clutch. The transmission in the S is really awesome and makes it a blast to drive.
rokkerkory (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 09:06 PM

Just ordered some stuff for:
- oil change
- transmission and diff fluids
- plugs
- SS lines, oe pads, centric rotors, motul rbf 600

Looking into:
- oe Ti shift knob
- new stereo unit with BT
Old 07-19-2017, 09:56 AM

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by rokkerkory
Just ordered some stuff for:
- oil change
- transmission and diff fluids
- plugs
- SS lines, oe pads, centric rotors, motul rbf 600

Looking into:
- oe Ti shift knob
- new stereo unit with BT
Curious to know which one you go with - mine is OEM and rather dated. need an update.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:49 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Looks like you want to swap out the complete brake assembly, Stoptech make a pretty decent 4 wheel street kit with SS lines. Ordered mine with drilled and slotted rotors, happy with the results.
rokkerkory (07-19-2017)
Old 07-19-2017, 07:43 PM

Im just amazed how good looking the car is after all this time. What a classic shape!

Quick Reply: New 2006 AP2 Owner! FINALLY! YAYE!