Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Playing Catch-up: 2001 maintenance

Old 10-20-2018, 08:39 PM

Received 613 Likes on 420 Posts

Paint dem radiator stayz boi
Old 10-29-2018, 10:26 PM

Received 613 Likes on 420 Posts

Nice! I'm working on getting all of the hardtop provisions for my car. I got the supposedly discontinued defrost wire harness from HTG, as well as the hardtop brushes, and I'll be ordering the body catchers to have on hand. Gonna be replacing my soft top at some point as well as doing my fuel pump; so while I have those panels out I'll install the catchers. No idea when I'll actually get a hardtop but I want the parts in place to accept one. Plus I'm not sure if I want to go OEM or Mugen yet, but both accept the OEM stuff (I'll get a custom rear glass window made for the mugen and add defrost)

Probably gonna be placing a big order for OEM parts soon, so I'll be sure to snag all of that. Gonna get all the stuff I need for KPro so I might as well toss that stuff in there too. Keep an eye out for a good-price 02-04 RSX ECU for me
Old 11-01-2018, 11:20 AM

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Deckoz
The spoon mounts and the ETD didn't really change the way the car feels vibration wise. My stock mounts weren't torn, but they were the originals with lots of miles. My shifter no longer is vibrating everywhere on the highway. Shifts feel smoother, and it feels smoother in transitions of on throttle and off throttle. It's actually quite nice. I didn't want the feeling of urethane mounts like I've had on my previous Honda's. This seems like a really good compromise, OEM feeling, but crisp & smooth. Not really any cons other then cost.
Hi there,

So the Spoon motor mounts doesn't add much more vibrations into the cabin?

Also, you mentioned costs, OEM Honda mounts are damn near $250-$300/pair. That ain't cheap. My mounts doesn't look visually torn yet (no obvious brown/orange ooze), but I do feel my motor oscillate in low RPM and light on/off throttle application. (You know, when you're creeping around to look for a parking spot and traffic).

Where did you order the Spoon mounts? Thanks!
Old 11-01-2018, 12:25 PM

Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

The top looks great so far. I am sure it will be minty fresh when you get done with it.
Old 11-01-2018, 05:52 PM

Yeah the hard top brushes are cut a bit differently. I got my front bumper cover painted this week and the painter was a wizard with that gun. Perfect match and I am very happy. My car is looking great just in time to sleep for 5 months. Planning on doing a new soft top with glass over the winter.

Last edited by IA-SteveB; 11-01-2018 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:54 AM

Not that you will ever sell this car but I have to say that the next owner will be extremely lucky. I have never seen anyone go through so much painstaking work to get a car to a level they desire. I reference this thread often to see what I SHOULD be doing. lol

I will try to snap a picture of my bumper today. I took one last night but the reflections in the garage made it look cracked and spider-webbed. The irony burns.

Last edited by IA-SteveB; 11-02-2018 at 06:59 AM.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by IA-SteveB
Not that you will ever sell this car but I have to say that the next owner will be extremely lucky. I have never seen anyone go through so much painstaking work to get a car to a level they desire. I reference this thread often to see what I SHOULD be doing. lol

I will try to snap a picture of my bumper today. I took one last night but the reflections in the garage made it look cracked and spider-webbed. The irony burns.
Likewise, extremely impressed and humbled by my overall lack of knowledge and skills compared to this dude. Amazing work!
Old 11-02-2018, 01:20 PM

Here's how my bumper cover turned out.

Old 11-02-2018, 02:24 PM

Fantastic. I like it with the windshield tape removed. You got that done fast!
Old 11-03-2018, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Deckoz
One more this morning since its not raining now and it was cramped in the garage picture

and in the sun for good measure

Quick Reply: Playing Catch-up: 2001 maintenance