Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Playing Catch-up: 2001 maintenance

Old 04-09-2019, 12:12 PM

Received 156 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by IA-SteveB
Nice work. I assume you aren't hauling landscaping materials in your S2000.

I do have to start on some yard projects soon. In my part of Iowa we are just getting into decent weather. I have just had my Honda out since last week due to a late start to spring. Had to wait for snow to melt and a few rain showers to clean up the streets.
Haha no, been either using my Koup with a trailer or my buddies truck.

I almost don't want to take the S out because we just got into really bad pollen season... It basically is snowing pollen here... lol
Old 04-11-2019, 05:39 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The yard work looks good! The drainage around the foundation is a great idea and like you said easier for pest management.

The question I'm wondering is, who's hair is longer? Yours or Mrs. Deckoz?!!!
Old 04-11-2019, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by cgarrett23
The yard work looks good! The drainage around the foundation is a great idea and like you said easier for pest management.

The question I'm wondering is, who's hair is longer? Yours or Mrs. Deckoz?!!!
Thanks @cgarrett23 !

Haha my wife's hair is longer, it looks about the same, but Brittney's got those lovely curls, so its longer when wet/straightened.

Lol needless to say, we both have hair storms when riding in the S.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:41 PM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Mbn to have majestic hair, Legolas....we can’t all be beautiful like you...

Old 05-03-2019, 11:04 PM

So I finally took the S out to give her a wash and clay all the new paint from last year, to wax and seal her.

No pictures of that, but it was like a reward to work on her after doing all this other work. Now just waiting for the grass to fill in.

Somehow I went from restoring my S to restoring my Yard...lol
Old 05-04-2019, 05:46 AM

Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

Nice work. Both are rewarding. It's nice to keep looking in the garage and looking in the yard to marvel at what was accomplished. As they say on my favorite car show, Wheeler Dealers, everything is sorted and that's a result.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by IA-SteveB
Nice work. Both are rewarding. It's nice to keep looking in the garage and looking in the yard to marvel at what was accomplished. As they say on my favorite car show, Wheeler Dealers, everything is sorted and that's a result.
exactly, feels great to accomplish stuff with your own hands from thought to finish
Old 05-06-2019, 07:36 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Lookin good!
Old 08-04-2019, 01:04 PM

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to post a random update.

- I do.not dd my S as a commuter
- I do drive my S every day that weather allows, to give me the drive I desire. Mostly after work to decompress.
- I drive the S year round.under the previous two clauses
- The S lives in a garage.
- The tonneau cover stays on except once a week or two to get washed, when the soft top goes up
- basically the soft top is never used. except to wash the car.
- hardtop is on August, and December to early march.

been driving the s for 9 seasons now. I definitely have an appreciation for the hardtop and soft top({kind of).

I thought about gutting the soft top at one point for a CR tonneau, but the stock leather tonneau does it's job, leaving the ability to easily wash putting the soft top up, while making a sleek cover. It takes about a minute to install or remove. But my described habits of driving the S don't effect this.

Switching between open top and hardtop (no soft top ever unless an oh shit moment) . It is like a different car/experience.

I know most will say the car was meant to be open top.and I agree. But mixing coupe and roadster by season is exhilarating and fresh every few months, and will make anyone fall in love all over again.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:36 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Deckoz
I know most will say the car was meant to be open top.and I agree. But mixing coupe and roadster by season is exhilarating and fresh every few months, and will make anyone fall in love all over again.
Agreed, actually I might take the hardtop off only a couple times per season. There's nothing like having a properly fitted hardtop installed. No windnoise, no rattles, just the sound of the engine.

Quick Reply: Playing Catch-up: 2001 maintenance