Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Thread about owner's age/jobs/career

Old 05-09-2013, 06:25 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I just turned 26 about a week ago. I'm also newly engaged, as of February earlier this year, shooting for May 2014.
I bought my S July of last year with 7,200 miles on it.
I work full time as a Human Resources Executive Analyst for an IT staffing and recruiting firm.
I also work full time as a managing partner for a network consulting company that my business partner and I started up in September of last year.
I constantly am doing things, since I also love to take photos part time, and whatnot - which always leads to more side work. I'm an extremely busy person, I probably sleep maybe 3 hours a night.
I have have my BA, went to school for automotive technology at first with ASE certification (took way longer than expected), then changed course and pursued a tad in corporate law before finally going head on with business administration and management.
I still have the itch to continue corporate law so if time goes right etc, I may presume that I will pick up the knowledge and desk time, and take the LSATs if or when I cross that road.

I sure typed a lot, my apologies. I know of the other thread but this is a nice refresher, so here you are.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

24/Computer programmer/Computer Science stuff. Love the car (minus convertible, but everything else is so good I forget ). Having fun building it slowly myself. Always loved to work on cars. Friend and I swapped an e36 engine at 17, built tons of stuff, etc.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

21 years old, been self financed since the day I was 18. My dad forced responsibility into my head, which I am thankful for as three years later I saved up and bought my first S. CASH I saved up over 4k of it within the past year as I have become more savvy with cars. I fixed and flipped 3 cars for a 4k profit! The deals were from friends so it doesnt happen often.

I currently work at a car shop at an exxon gas station, and have for almost 1 1/2 years now. We have 4 bays and one alignment rack. We do everything from oil changes to engine/transmission replacement. I have learned A LOT from the experienced techs there. I left North Carolina State University my sophomore year when I was 20 to study automotive somewhere else. I will graduate with an AA from a community college next semester in Automotive Systems and have passed 4 out of 8 required ASE's to become a master technician.

I am EXTREMELY ambitious and always striving for the next step so my current job will hopefully be a stepping stone to perhaps run a shop. I love working on cars it has always been my life passion, but 6 days a week of turd piles to fix makes you learn to hate it. A lot of work for the same pay as a job where you dont strain your body. I currently wouldnt trade it for anything else though, its very rewarding. I plan to return to NCSU and apply my 2 years of credits towards majoring in Mechanical Engineering. And buy a nice low mileage ap2 in the future
Old 05-09-2013, 08:20 AM

Thanks for all the replies....wish it would become a sticky!

So far, seems most people are in the early to mid 20's....

Keep the responses coming!
Old 05-09-2013, 10:56 AM

23, working at a GMC/Buick dealer as extra shop help/parts driver, etc. I've learned so much about cars over the years that I've worked there, which coincides with my major. Studying Mechanical engineering full time at USF and want to branch off into automotive to become a vehicle dynamics engineer. Driving an S2000 is a perfect inspiration, especially for someone wanting to learn how to make cars handle well. I wish to one day be part of a team that designs a car as great as this one.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Atb117
23, working at a GMC/Buick dealer as extra shop help/parts driver, etc. I've learned so much about cars over the years that I've worked there, which coincides with my major. Studying Mechanical engineering full time at USF and want to branch off into automotive to become a vehicle dynamics engineer. Driving an S2000 is a perfect inspiration, especially for someone wanting to learn how to make cars handle well. I wish to one day be part of a team that designs a car as great as this one.
You and I sound too alike! I think the same way, always figuring ways to improve a vehicle. I also love and appreciate mathematical dynamics to automotive. Keep up the good work and ambition!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:34 PM

*bump*
Old 05-10-2013, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by BLAQ&GREYs2k
Originally Posted by Atb117' timestamp='1368125776' post='22531415
You and I sound too alike! I think the same way, always figuring ways to improve a vehicle. I also love and appreciate mathematical dynamics to automotive. Keep up the good work and ambition!
Thanks! I'm always thinking of things to improve upon in a car, especially when I have to drive GM products all day. Those cars have got to have some of the most boring vehicle dynamics (with the exception of a few Vettes) I've ever seen.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

20 here.

Bought my S2k in January of this year.

Full-time (currently) worker for a defense contractor.

Full-time/part-time student.

Full-time worried about what to do with my life lol
Old 05-10-2013, 10:12 AM

Mid-50s
Healthcare IT consultant (I have fun because I get to do everything from legal & policy analysis to debugging bad data from trading partners.)
MBA, University of Michigan

Quick Reply: Thread about owner's age/jobs/career