00-01 JDM/EDM clear housing headlights - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > JDM Tuning
Reload this Page >

00-01 JDM/EDM clear housing headlights

Notices
JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

00-01 JDM/EDM clear housing headlights

 
Old 07-17-2013, 09:20 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
0bsolete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,263
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default 00-01 JDM/EDM clear housing headlights

So I recently picked myself up a pair of these and installed them. All went well, no problems whatsoever until I tested them out on a night drive. I noticed that they were a lot more dim than the OEM USDM ones I have. I'm not sure what is going on, maybe I put the bulb in the housing wrong, I don't know. It seems like the light is shooting more towards the ground, giving me no more than 15 feet of vision in front of me, maybe even less. Is there any solution to this? Any insight or suggestions to this would be great.

Picture of the headlights I'm talking about.


0bsolete is offline  
Old 07-17-2013, 10:25 PM
  #2  
xoz
Registered User
 
xoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 4,530
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

JDM are RHD.
OT: love your front badge, just received mine in the post.
Did you do the rear badge as well?
xoz is offline  
Old 07-17-2013, 10:46 PM
  #3  
Member
Thread Starter
 
0bsolete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,263
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I know they are originally for RHD, but it doesn't make sense that I am not even getting 15 feet of light ahead of me. Anymore info on this would be great, thanks!

OT: Yeah, I do have the a badge in the rear as well but it doesn't fit as well as the front because the badge is so small. If I don't like it within the next couple of weeks, I'm just going to switch back to the OEM black chrome badge just for rear and keep the s600 badge for the front.
0bsolete is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 12:47 AM
  #4  
xoz
Registered User
 
xoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 4,530
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Saw a post just the other day on this same subject, search or somebody will join in discussion.

OT: your feedback on the rear badge replacement is helpful, saves me removing the stock badge to discover the same situation. I'm going to leave it for now.
xoz is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 02:46 AM
  #5  
 
raikouS2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Misawa-shi, Aomori, Japan
Posts: 936
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 0bsolete View Post
I know they are originally for RHD, but it doesn't make sense that I am not even getting 15 feet of light ahead of me. Anymore info on this would be great, thanks!

OT: Yeah, I do have the a badge in the rear as well but it doesn't fit as well as the front because the badge is so small. If I don't like it within the next couple of weeks, I'm just going to switch back to the OEM black chrome badge just for rear and keep the s600 badge for the front.
See if you can swap the projectors from your old lights. About two threads below this one is info about JDM lights
raikouS2K is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 10:13 AM
  #6  
Member
Thread Starter
 
0bsolete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,263
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Opening the housing isn't an option for me. How about swapping the ballasts from my USDM pair? Could that be a possible solution? I used the ballasts that came with the JDM pair.
0bsolete is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 12:27 AM
  #7  
 
raikouS2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Misawa-shi, Aomori, Japan
Posts: 936
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 0bsolete View Post
Opening the housing isn't an option for me. How about swapping the ballasts from my USDM pair? Could that be a possible solution? I used the ballasts that came with the JDM pair.

Ballasts are most likely not the problem. If your headlight is on at all then there is definitely not a ballast issue. Have you tried using the stock headlight adjusters yet? You can adjust the light height but it will never be perfect with JDM projectors. Are you sure you have to take the whole headlight apart? I just glanced at mine, looked like 3 screws for the projector itself. I have been debating on reinstalling my USDM lights with the JDM projector. I may try it in the near future.
raikouS2K is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 06:31 AM
  #8  
Member
Thread Starter
 
0bsolete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,263
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I did not know you can adjust the the beam height on these headlights. I will look into it this weekend. Thanks for the advice!
0bsolete is offline  
Old 08-04-2013, 09:23 AM
  #9  
 
ikaros_s2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 134
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

if you have the s2000's manual is on chapter 22 page 72 the adjustment method
ikaros_s2K is offline  
Old 08-04-2013, 12:15 PM
  #10  
 
ASMspec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: West Coast
Posts: 9,205
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 0bsolete View Post
So I recently picked myself up a pair of these and installed them. All went well, no problems whatsoever until I tested them out on a night drive. I noticed that they were a lot more dim than the OEM USDM ones I have. I'm not sure what is going on, maybe I put the bulb in the housing wrong, I don't know. It seems like the light is shooting more towards the ground, giving me no more than 15 feet of vision in front of me, maybe even less. Is there any solution to this? Any insight or suggestions to this would be great.

Picture of the headlights I'm talking about.


Something is not right here. When I swapped out my 2001 OEM headlamps for 2001 JDM ones in 2001 it was a direct plug and play minus some filing down of some plastic. Very minor. Headlamps were as bright as OEM but the left side was higher, thus blinding oncoming traffic. I adjusted them and problem fixed about 2 weeks into ownership. I discussed this in a thread about 12 years ago.

I ended up getting rid of them in 2004 for 2004 OEM headlamps. Plus the 00-01 JDM lights were just like their OEM US spec counterparts with the bubbling of the black inside housing. Looked horrible over time and there was no fix for it aside from buying another set. 2004 addressed this issue and no more bubbling.
ASMspec is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
boostingdsm
South Florida
16
09-13-2006 09:52 AM
ikon_vp
S2000 Talk
13
08-09-2004 01:30 PM
S2KGODELETED
California - Bay Area S2000 Owners
9
04-29-2003 06:50 AM
redleader
S2000 Talk
4
08-23-2001 12:57 PM
S2K R
S2000 Talk
6
05-28-2001 07:26 PM


Quick Reply: 00-01 JDM/EDM clear housing headlights


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands