S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   JDM Tuning (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/jdm-tuning-148/)
-   -   Any JDM exhaust fits well on 06+ s2000? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/jdm-tuning-148/any-jdm-exhaust-fits-well-06-s2000-1177421/)

Yellow&DK 09-09-2017 08:10 PM

Any JDM exhaust fits well on 06+ s2000?

Hello guys,

I have MY06 with Fusitsubo legalis-r exhaust and I had HKS dual before this exhaust set up.

Which was fits well on my car.

However, one of my friend going to pick up 07 soon.

And currently looking for any good exhaust system for his 07.

But since 06+ have different bottom compare to AP1 and 04-05 AP2.

Can you guys share any jdm single/dual exhaust fits well (no bent or any fitment job require for fit) on his 07 s2000? Ex. J's racing, ASM, Spoon, Amuse, and etc.

He said he doesn't care about loudness though lol

Thank you for your reading and help:tipwink:

Chuck S 09-10-2017 03:31 AM

Tanabe Medalion Touring slipped right onto my 2006. And right onto a buddy's 2002. Not sure what "bottom differences" you refer to but they don't affect this exhaust. The horrible Invidia Q300 fit both cars too but the noise (hard to just call it sound) was awful. With a 2007 put a Berk 63mm high flow cat in there and get the Gernby FlashPro tune for the car.

-- Chuck

Bama Dave 09-11-2017 04:52 AM

If looking at any of the J's Racing exhausts check to see if it fits on a 06+ AP2. Good lucky and hope he enjoys the 07.

Yellow&DK 09-11-2017 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck S (Post 24352217)
Tanabe Medalion Touring slipped right onto my 2006. And right onto a buddy's 2002. Not sure what "bottom differences" you refer to but they don't affect this exhaust. The horrible Invidia Q300 fit both cars too but the noise (hard to just call it sound) was awful. With a 2007 put a Berk 63mm high flow cat in there and get the Gernby FlashPro tune for the car.

-- Chuck

I will definately tell him to check the tanabe medalion touring. I've heard in person. The sound was deep and not noisy as others. Thanks for the input!

Originally Posted by Bama Dave (Post 24352595)
If looking at any of the J's Racing exhausts check to see if it fits on a 06+ AP2. Good lucky and hope he enjoys the 07.

I always liked to have J's racing titanium exhaust. But many of guys said that doesn't fit on 06+ AP2. Will check it out before get them. Thank you!

Chris_Lum 09-12-2017 12:30 PM

Any exhausts made specifically for 06+ will work (obviously) and for all others, *usually* any 60mm systems will work. Due to the difference in floor pan on the passenger side, usually 70mm+ systems that were prototyped on 00-05 cars have a tighter tolerance to the floor pan or actually hit it, as you mentioned. But again, *usually* 60mm systems due to the smaller piping are inherently designed with enough clearance that they won't hit the floor pan when installed on 06+. It's not a certainty or a rule of thumb by any means, but something to consider when shopping and researching.

LDfavoriteson 09-13-2017 04:07 PM

Tell your friend to be deaf like me and get a Tracy Sports 60mm dual exhaust lolol.

Yellow&DK 09-13-2017 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum (Post 24353339)
Any exhausts made specifically for 06+ will work (obviously) and for all others, *usually* any 60mm systems will work. Due to the difference in floor pan on the passenger side, usually 70mm+ systems that were prototyped on 00-05 cars have a tighter tolerance to the floor pan or actually hit it, as you mentioned. But again, *usually* 60mm systems due to the smaller piping are inherently designed with enough clearance that they won't hit the floor pan when installed on 06+. It's not a certainty or a rule of thumb by any means, but something to consider when shopping and researching.

Yea should be fit 60mm. But I've heard I had to bang something for fit some J's racing exhaust. So I never went that way with my car haha. Going to research about them more now. Thanks for your help though!:tipwink:

Originally Posted by LDfavoriteson (Post 24353939)
Tell your friend to be deaf like me and get a Tracy Sports 60mm dual exhaust lolol.

Oh I never thought about it. How is it sounds though? Never heard them in person :)

Chuck S 09-14-2017 02:54 AM

Due to the difference in floor pan on the passenger side
Can you elaborate?

-- Chuck

LDfavoriteson 09-14-2017 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Yellow&DK (Post 24354013)
Yea should be fit 60mm. But I've heard I had to bang something for fit some J's racing exhaust. So I never went that way with my car haha. Going to research about them more now. Thanks for your help though!:tipwink:

Oh I never thought about it. How is it sounds though? Never heard them in person :)

My thoughts on the tracy sports dual titanium 60mm are as follows:

Me-It sounds good when i get on it, it's loud and aggressive sounding. I slow down around cops and when entering neighborhoods lol

Mom, girlfriends, people who are not into cars-It's loud, scary sounding, etc. I actually had a girl tell me that she hit a curb and banged up the exhaust in her car and now her car sounds like mine smh

Car guys-Your s2k sounds awesome, mean, like a race car, etc

Long story short, it's loud lol

Chris_Lum 09-14-2017 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck S (Post 24354081)
Can you elaborate?

-- Chuck

the floor pan and exhaust tunnel is different on the 06+ due to the weight sensors in the 06+ passenger/right side seat. I've seen exhausts first hand that were made for 00-05 hit the tunnel on 06+ because there used to be more clearance in the older models.