JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

ATS Carbon limited slip differential

Old 09-10-2007, 10:40 PM
woo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATS Carbon limited slip differential

I used the search but I couldn`t really find much info on the ats carbon LSD. I`m looking for input from members that have had it or currently have it with their setup. Your input is much appreciated
Old 09-10-2007, 10:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 09-11-2007, 07:55 AM
woo

Anyone?
Old 09-11-2007, 12:45 PM

i haven't been able to experience myself, but i got to meet soem of the guys that work at ATS at the nopi nationals in arizona. The material i hear from tohers are very strong and lightweight(carbon of course). My buddy has one on his GS-R and he likes it a lot, grabs you into the turn. Thats just what i hear
Old 09-11-2007, 09:12 PM

I have the ATS carbon LSD, here's my advice...

For street use, forget it. There is a loud "thunking" sound that comes from the LSD when turning at low speeds or reversing. So much so, that you'll think something is seriously wrong until you get use to it.

For track use, this is by far one of the best (if not THE BEST) addition I've made. I can drift the car at will around tight corners and it has much better grip around the sweepers. It slows everything down... so the backend doesn't come flying out on you when you push it. You feel it happening and can adjust.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by rioja,Sep 11 2007, 09:12 PM

For street use, forget it. There is a loud "thunking" sound that comes from the LSD when turning at low speeds or reversing. So much so, that you'll think something is seriously wrong until you get use to it.

For track use, this is by far one of the best (if not THE BEST) addition I've made. I can drift the car at will around tight corners and it has much better grip around the sweepers. It slows everything down... so the backend doesn't come flying out on you when you push it. You feel it happening and can adjust.
I thought the ATS suppose to make no noise
Old 09-12-2007, 08:21 AM

No, it makes plenty of noise at low speeds while turning.

It's just more quiet than others on the market.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:30 PM
TJF

Originally Posted by WindchaserS2K,Sep 11 2007, 09:51 PM
I thought the ATS suppose to make no noise
Dude... its a limited slip. It practically has to make noise by virtue of its function.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by TJF,Sep 12 2007, 12:30 PM
Dude... its a limited slip. It practically has to make noise by virtue of its function.
I know it will make noise but I have been in a car with it (NSX) that make just alittle more noise than the stock one
Old 09-13-2007, 12:05 AM
woo

Originally Posted by rioja,Sep 11 2007, 09:12 PM

My friend has the ats carbon lsd for his rsx and it doesn't make any noises. I know it's a front wheel drive car and I shouldn't be comparing but shouldn't they be along the same lines? Does changing the diff oil help help the noise?

Quick Reply: ATS Carbon limited slip differential