Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > JDM Tuning
Reload this Page >

Backyard Low mount Seat Rail install: MY06

Notices
JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Backyard Low mount Seat Rail install: MY06

Old 02-21-2007, 12:40 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redline8k,Feb 20 2007, 09:09 PM
Does the seat look out of place, meaning where the bottom seat and back section meet, is there a gap. If you get a chance please take some more pics.

Im 6'4 and this will be a must if I get one. I think you are the only one to actually DO this. Your the man!
-nick

If you look at the 2 seats, passenger, then Driver, there is a noticable gap, however only by about 1/2 or 1 inch. And thats only if you look closely. Not once have I looked at my interior and said... wow, that looks strange. You really wouldn't ever know unless you sat in it. Thats the only real difference

I'll try to take some pics if I get a chance, but I wouldn't let that sway your purchase. You'll love it, I promise.

Dave
Old 03-04-2007, 07:33 PM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

^
I'm near 6'0 and have been considering this mod. Can you post more pictures to compare.

Thanks
Old 03-05-2007, 05:19 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KBreaker,Mar 4 2007, 08:33 PM
^
I'm near 6'0 and have been considering this mod. Can you post more pictures to compare.

Thanks
I don't have any more pictures but I can assure you you'll notice a difference and love it. Especially if you're bothered by visibility by the top of the windshield.

Contact diabolus2k for his impressions as well... I know he just picked up this piece and installed it.

Dave
Old 05-15-2007, 11:52 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am trying to put my seats back together (07) with the seat rails. I need help with 2 things. 1) How does the right side top of the seat attach to the seat rails (above seat belt latch)? The 07 comes with a welded plug and small diameter bolt. can't pry it off. May need to go get hardware. What did others do? 2) the rails come with a large diameter bolt and misc. hardware. What is this meant to work with.

I have some observations about the airbag sensor. Anyone with service manual can probably advise us on where to put the sensor wth the rails. A piece of flat metal slides between the sensor (picture above), I think, telling the computer how far forward or back the seat is. The airbags MAY work if you have the sensor under there in general , but won't know how hard to deploy. finding a way to duplicate this would be ideal. At least knowing how far back to attach the sensor with zip ties MAY make it work.

Ken
Old 05-15-2007, 01:23 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004S2000,May 15 2007, 11:52 AM
I am trying to put my seats back together (07) with the seat rails. I need help with 2 things. 1) How does the right side top of the seat attach to the seat rails (above seat belt latch)? The 07 comes with a welded plug and small diameter bolt. can't pry it off. May need to go get hardware. What did others do? 2) the rails come with a large diameter bolt and misc. hardware. What is this meant to work with.

I have some observations about the airbag sensor. Anyone with service manual can probably advise us on where to put the sensor wth the rails. A piece of flat metal slides between the sensor (picture above), I think, telling the computer how far forward or back the seat is. The airbags MAY work if you have the sensor under there in general , but won't know how hard to deploy. finding a way to duplicate this would be ideal. At least knowing how far back to attach the sensor with zip ties MAY make it work.

Ken
I don't have any experience with the 07 seats... its possible that the design has changed from 06 to 07, but I'm not sure. The install on my 06 was pretty plug and play, it all pretty much went back together the way it came apart, just with the different base mount.

Are you sure you have the JDM passenger side/USDM Driver side?
Old 05-15-2007, 01:48 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok, seats are in. How did you get the bolt holding the airbag sensor out? What tool(s) did you use?
Old 05-15-2007, 02:17 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004S2000,May 15 2007, 01:48 PM
Ok, seats are in. How did you get the bolt holding the airbag sensor out? What tool(s) did you use?
Which sensor? The one I'm holding in the pictures of my post?

or the part still attached to the stock rail?

I used only basic hand tools to remove my parts.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:51 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The sensor you are holding in your hand. I've already had a trip to the hardware store. We can't get it out. Not enough clearance for tools to get at it given the metal that covers it. We assume it's a torque bit size. Starting to strip.

I think I understand how the SRS sensor works. When the seats are far forward, the sensor straddles the other flat piece of metal. When the seats are back it does not. I assume that when the seats are forward enough to straddle the metal that the airbags deploy at partial power. So if you have your seats back, like most of us who need lower seats would, you'll want to make sure there is no metal inside the sensor. Your description confuses me, however, if I'm right about this. Why should it matter where the sensor is so long as it's attached. And you don't even have it attacked to anything. When I can get this thing off I'll zip tie it to something down there.

I do think it would be possible to have the metal from the OEM rails welded on to the lower rails. I think there is room. I won't bother if I can feel assured that the airbags will deploy.

Ken

Ken
Old 05-16-2007, 03:46 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can confirm that so long as the sensor is plugged in the light goes off on my dash, regardless of where I place the sensor. Be warned, the airbag will deploy with full power (assuming the light being off means they will deploy). So if you or someone else sits close to the stearing wheel this will be dangerous.

Ken
Old 05-16-2007, 04:28 PM

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts

2004S....

Did you get the mounting figured out for the 2007? I'd like to do this too.
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Backyard Low mount Seat Rail install: MY06

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands