Buddy Club Low Down Seat Rail Install - Page 2 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > JDM Tuning
Reload this Page >

Buddy Club Low Down Seat Rail Install

Notices
JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Buddy Club Low Down Seat Rail Install

 
Old 02-20-2007, 09:00 PM
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Portland
Posts: 199
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for posting your impressions, OP! It's too bad you have to do some modifications for this to fit...but I had to modify my buddyclub suspension when I got it a few years ago, so it must be something BC likes to make us do!
yakswak is offline  
Old 02-21-2007, 01:44 AM
  #12  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SoCAL
Posts: 791
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by yakswak,Feb 20 2007, 09:00 PM
Thanks for posting your impressions, OP! It's too bad you have to do some modifications for this to fit...but I had to modify my buddyclub suspension when I got it a few years ago, so it must be something BC likes to make us do!
Yeah, it was a mod. I could easily live with... unlike mounting my old recaro in my civic with a "custom" floor bracket... that was a COMPLETE nightmare. I did so much drilling and re'drilling... I wanted to kill myself. It was a wedge floor bracket I think... some "laser" cut.. bla bla... it DIDN'T fit the recaro sliders... at ALL. But thats how we learn and appreciate right
Ape_X is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 10:22 AM
  #13  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Portland
Posts: 199
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

So after reading your impressions I decided to get one of these myself. I have it mounted to F1spec's SPG-clone seat.

The install was, at least for me, a bit more than trial and error. I was so annoyed with the seat install that it took me more than an hour to get the seat fitted into the car. At first I had mounted both sides of the rail to the seat and tried to get it to fit...after that didn't work, I mounted the rail on one side only, bolted it down loosely, and then mounted the other rail loosely in the car without mounting it to the seat. I knew there was some play so I was finally able to align the bolt patterns to fit the car...

By the way, the seat lowers me quite nicely in the car, but man, what a pain that was to get this in. I agree with the OP, it would be much easier to install if the rails came pre-attached.
yakswak is offline  
Old 03-07-2007, 12:30 PM
  #14  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,496
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i agree. i installed the rails on my SPG and it took a bit of time to get it right.

are you guys lowered on the rails all the way down? any problems getting the rails to move?
TriaXenginE is offline  
Old 03-07-2007, 01:39 PM
  #15  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SoCAL
Posts: 791
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TriaXenginE,Mar 7 2007, 12:30 PM
i agree. i installed the rails on my SPG and it took a bit of time to get it right.

are you guys lowered on the rails all the way down? any problems getting the rails to move?
It takes a bit of tweaking to get the rails into that realm of "parallel" for perfect sliding. It will be a little rough if they're not.
Ape_X is offline  
Old 03-07-2007, 01:52 PM
  #16  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,496
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AP2_S2K,Mar 7 2007, 04:39 PM
It takes a bit of tweaking to get the rails into that realm of "parallel" for perfect sliding. It will be a little rough if they're not.
well, i greased the shit out of the rails too. works fine now.
TriaXenginE is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 06:20 PM
  #17  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 6,414
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thanks for the write-up. I'm very much considering the spg right now. Just sat in one an hour ago.
chuhsi is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 10:27 PM
  #18  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SoCAL
Posts: 791
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by chuhsi,May 16 2007, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the write-up. I'm very much considering the spg right now. Just sat in one an hour ago.
SPG is the best... if you're a 34" waist and down. Otherwise I recommend the Pole Position.

Call Steve at Inlinefour, 7149031898, tell him Dave Funston sent you.

www.inlinefour.com
Ape_X is offline  
Old 05-16-2007, 11:01 PM
  #19  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,954
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AP2_S2K,May 16 2007, 10:27 PM
SPG is the best... if you're a 34" waist and down. Otherwise I recommend the Pole Position.

Call Steve at Inlinefour, 7149031898, tell him Dave Funston sent you.

www.inlinefour.com
kikicha is offline  
Old 04-10-2008, 12:49 PM
  #20  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 557
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ape_X,May 16 2007, 09:27 PM
SPG is the best... if you're a 34" waist and down. Otherwise I recommend the Pole Position.

Call Steve at Inlinefour, 7149031898, tell him Dave Funston sent you.

www.inlinefour.com
...old thread...worth a shot...

Does Steve offer any discounts on the Buddy Club Low Down seat rails? Or just seats?

Thanks.
S2000_Havens is offline  

Quick Reply: Buddy Club Low Down Seat Rail Install


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands