JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Can You Identify This Bumper

Old 06-07-2016, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can You Identify This Bumper

Hey Guys,

Thanks to AE Racer I found out what bumper it is, but Im trying to find out if the Version 2 bumper has been tunnel tested like the Version 1. Does anyone know? I couldnt find info on C-West's website

thanks!

Version 1
[attachment=95581:circuit garage front bumper.png]

Version 2
[attachment=95597:N1 V2.jpg]
Attached Thumbnails Can You Identify This Bumper-circuit-garage-front-bumper.png   Can You Identify This Bumper-n1-v2.jpg  
Old 06-08-2016, 03:30 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Its a cwest bumper with a bunch of addons

Old 06-08-2016, 07:40 AM

Holy cow! Its been massively photoshopped. I knew i was photoshopped but I didn't realize that the contour of the front of the lip was completely changed as well. hmmmm...
Old 06-13-2016, 09:11 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Do you need a front bumper that has been wind tunnel tested? That's a deal breaker for you?
Old 06-14-2016, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Feezy
Do you need a front bumper that has been wind tunnel tested? That's a deal breaker for you?
If I have the option between a bumper that has been tested and a bumper that is purely for aesthetic reasons, I'd likely go with the tunnel tested option. Idk if it's a deal breaker, but nice to know a product is functional when set up correctly. Im also probably one of the few that like the bumper because its a bit different from the Mugen, ASM, Spoon on every car

Just like some people want the CR lip because they think it looks cool, and other want it because it it has a functional aero benefit.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:32 PM

Hey new member here, thought I would chime in. The previous owner installed some sort of C Zest style v2 bumper, The center duct holes are rounded rather than square (not sure if C West made a variant so). Honestly at first, I didn't like the look at all, but its really starting to grow on me.

Like you said, it's a little less common than the usual amuse/spoon style stuff. And I must say I notice a rather substantial amount of downforce, driving above 80mph or so. Just for your research's sake, I did a highway run one night a few weeks ago, and with the front bumper, 140 is about all it had within a reasonable distance. The front end was planted, with not even a hint of lift. Another note is with the radiator duct, it directs cool air all the way in, almost touching the radiator itself. No matter how I'm driving, the temp gauge doesn't go past 3 bars.

Hopefully this helped!

-Alex

image by toplessfc3s, on Flickr

image by toplessfc3s, on Flickr
Old 06-22-2016, 09:25 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

MMAP1, the bumper you have is not a Authentic Cwest front bumper. Cwest never produced a N1 with circular holes.
your bumper is by a company called AIT Racing that has been around since early 2000's. They produce replica, since back then it was harder and more expensive to source JDM parts.

https://www.aitracing.com/CW-Style-F...ter_name=s2000

The bumper will help with front end down force by lifting the rear, making your rear unstable at speeds. This will also cause the car to over steer. These bumpers were designed to be balanced with a wing if you are going to be going into high speeds; or you will notice how fast you will wrap it around a tree.

With a OEM bumper your vehicle should also not go past 3 bars.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:16 PM

Yeah I looked at the uninstalled rear bumper I have as well which says AIT. As far as aero goes, there's nowhere near enough downforce to upset the rear end. And maybe three bars is the norm for the s2k, but I'd bet it still cools better than stock and most aftermarket bumpers.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:31 PM

Thanks for the info guys. The ultimate plan was to use a complete aero system, so the rear would have some sort of functional wing. On a side note, that replica bumper seems to fit quote well. Very surprised
Old 06-25-2016, 03:09 PM

No problem! I'm surprised how well the bumper fits too. It's very thick fiberglass, which managed to hold up to a rather large groundhog the other day.

Quick Reply: Can You Identify This Bumper