S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   JDM Tuning (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/jdm-tuning-148/)
-   -   Corvette ZR1 style side diffusers (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/jdm-tuning-148/corvette-zr1-style-side-diffusers-652970/)

Torqueless 12-01-2008 09:10 PM

Corvette ZR1 style side diffusers

would it be much to ask if someone could make a side diffuser for the S that looks like the one on the corvette ZR1. its a regular cf side diffuser that extends over the front of the rear wheel well. you can kind of see it in the picture below...
http://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/asset...20Official.jpg

would this be a possibility?
:D

illdiealonlyazn 12-02-2008 12:51 AM

isn't that pretty similar to an ASM or j's racing?

//steve\\ 12-02-2008 04:45 AM

Look up downforce side diffusers? I think that is who makes them.

CarbonYellowJ's 12-02-2008 10:23 AM

OP: I dont think anyone makes the piece that goes up along the fender line. It would have to be a one-off piece. I dont believe it would be too hard to make with fiberglass and some elbow grease. GL

Torqueless 12-02-2008 04:09 PM

yes i am familiar with asm and downforce side diffusers, but these only stop at the bottom of the rear wheel well. i was wondering if anyone made a diffuser that goes up and tapers near the top of the rear fender line like the one on the zr1.

the s2k dude 12-03-2008 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Torqueless,Dec 2 2008, 05:09 PM
yes i am familiar with asm and downforce side diffusers, but these only stop at the bottom of the rear wheel well. i was wondering if anyone made a diffuser that goes up and tapers near the top of the rear fender line like the one on the zr1.

sometimes it everything is not clear in statements made over the internet.

lets clarify something..

the zr1 has

molded side diffusers (run between the front and rear wheels under the door)

front diffuser( fitted soley under the front bumper and ends and the front tire wheel well)

the side diffusers look very similar to the downforce.. if you want something that gets bigger as it goes further back.. check the shine diffuser.

as for the front.. that is very similar to the Apr diffuser. I am going to have shine make an apr style front diffuser for my car. Unless you want the diffuser to stick out at the front of the wheel well like i thought. Im sure I can get them to put it into production if it comes out ok

PM me if you are interested in these parts. I work with the guys at SHINE auto. Quality is :thumbup:

Torqueless 12-03-2008 08:40 PM

hi. i actually have the shine diffusers on my car. :]
the only reason why i'm interested in the zr1 diffusers is because of the part that extends UP INTO the rear wheel wells. If you look closely at the picture the diffuser ends towards the top of the rear wheel well. This i think would look nice on the S2k as well. thats all :]

GT Motoring 12-04-2008 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Torqueless,Dec 3 2008, 09:40 PM
hi. i actually have the shine diffusers on my car. :]
the only reason why i'm interested in the zr1 diffusers is because of the part that extends UP INTO the rear wheel wells. If you look closely at the picture the diffuser ends towards the top of the rear wheel well. This i think would look nice on the S2k as well. thats all :]

The reason the ZR1 has this part in the rear, and i think before the front wheels to, is because of the wider wheel/tire. this little part that sticks out is meant to defelct the air around the front edge of the tire that would otherwise be exposed.

Ro_Ja Boy 12-04-2008 09:26 AM

:iagree: If it weren't there, the air would get to the rear tire/wheel well. On our cars, the tires don't stick out of the rear quarter panels, so I would think that unless you really put time into designing it, that it would actually be worse for aerodynamics than better. My $.02

Torqueless 12-04-2008 05:33 PM

you really think so? with all these people rockin -3 degree camber to tuck in their ginormous wheels, the diffusers wouldnt help? if i look at the wheels i have in the rear it seems to be sticking out about an inch or two.
although im sure oem wheel settings would be pointless