JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Cwest fenders

Old 07-19-2005, 11:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HunterEz,Jul 19 2005, 11:52 AM
Jory said he contacted Autobacs USA, who AmuseAP1 said he bought them.
Honestly Autobacs USA is like Kragen to me. Its just not the same. You should know that. Why would ASM Japan say they dont offer them then? Why does Bulletproof not offer them then? If they do than thats cool but I cant track them down anywhere. Chris told me the same thing but when I went searching for one of my friends this all came up.

Update. I just sent AutobacsUSA an email asking about them and telling them what I found from ASM Japan. So we will see what they say.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StinkyTofu,Jul 18 2005, 09:01 PM
Got any pics of your rolled fenders? I'm interested in doing this and would really like to see how yours is done.
Me too!
Old 07-19-2005, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by JsAP1,Jul 19 2005, 10:20 AM
After emailing and going back and forth with Japan, ASM only offers a vented front fender in dry carbon and FRP. There is no OEM style front fender (without a vent) by ASM. I also spoke with several shops that deal with ASM here in the states and they confirmed that. Who did we hear this from again? Also Ben at Bulletproof doesnt have these on his site either.
Chris, yeah I think it was Veilside AP1.... j/k! No I do believe that AmuseAP1 bought them a while back and even posted pictures of them uninstalled. I could be mistaken. I also believe a member, I think Diez bought some ASM stuff. I think he might have had unvented Fenders also. I could be all wrong. I'm not for sure. I did know that ASM offered the vented Fenders in Dry CF and FRP via BulletProofs website. Sorry if I mislead anyone.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geez, you guys know a lot about parts for our cars . Thanks for going the extra distance to find more information about optional fenders.

J's keep us updated on your find.

And plz post pics of rolled/modded fenders.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:54 PM

I believe AJ PwR had his fenders done and you can't even tell. for a clean job.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Kel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Highrpmek,Jul 19 2005, 01:34 PM
Chris, yeah I think it was Veilside AP1.... j/k! No I do believe that AmuseAP1 bought them a while back and even posted pictures of them uninstalled. I could be mistaken. I also believe a member, I think Diez bought some ASM stuff. I think he might have had unvented Fenders also. I could be all wrong. I'm not for sure. I did know that ASM offered the vented Fenders in Dry CF and FRP via BulletProofs website. Sorry if I mislead anyone.
I saw that post too, when AmuseAP1 first got them he took pics. I don't remember Diez getting fenders though? I thought he only got the trunk doors and rear bumper.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:55 PM

No response yet. Probably tomorrow.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by HunterEz,Jul 19 2005, 03:55 PM
I saw that post too, when AmuseAP1 first got them he took pics. I don't remember Diez getting fenders though? I thought he only got the trunk doors and rear bumper.
Hunter your probably right, It seemed like I remember seeing a second set of ASM fenders floating around here, it might just be AmuseAP1's.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:24 PM

Well I called them after their reply. Supposedly the only guy that handles special orders is on vacation and nobody knows what the heck I was talking about concerning the ASM fenders. I spoke too two of the salesman and they were like what does ASM stand for or what brand is ASM.

Anyway I will try again next week when he gets in.

While we wait I want some of you to explain this too me. Its an obervation on my part but it makes sense.

Jory is a good friend of mine and I just want to make sure he has the ASM fenders. Anyway upon closer examination of his front fenders they appear to be OEM looking and size. Meaning with his drop his Spoon wheels in theory should not be flush with the fenders. His are thus his damage to them already. I have a simple 10mm flare on my Cwest front fenders and both Jory and I are at the same drop. My wheels are the same size, offset, and same tire size. 16x7+35 with a 205/55/16 tire. Now why are his rubbing and damaging his front fenders while mine have plenty of clearance and not rubbing at the same height? He is suppose to have a +25 mm extra which would mean it would look more of a widebody VS the look he has. Just look at the pictures we have posted of his car then look at my painted fenders it should flare somewhat like the dry carbon counterparts and like my Cwest fenders. Does that make sense to you guys? Anyway I will bump it next week.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:05 PM

I tried to PM you last week, but I'm not sure you got my message. I wanted to ask you about your C-West fenders your running now. Do they need alot of modification to fit the OEM fenders? Do the inside fender liners need to be altered? install wise, what can one expect?

Quick Reply: Cwest fenders