JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

E-manage Ultimate 101

Old 04-14-2008, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes we have , go find Davs2k in Metro as we just did his for a opinion .

As far as tuning question email Giles@holyrollerdyno.com he can explain more but don't expect him to tell you how to tune .

He uses a DynaPack so he can do load based tuning at all throttle positions as long as the ECU is in OPEN LOOP .

What determines when it is open or closes varies on Throttle position and load and can be read through a OBD scan tool to tell you when it is OPEN or CLOSED

Old 04-14-2008, 05:09 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Twiztid,Apr 14 2008, 05:45 PM
He uses a DynaPack so he can do load based tuning at all throttle positions as long as the ECU is in OPEN LOOP .
Load based

The only way to properly tune a car.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:43 PM

I read the entire thread and have a couple questions.

Can the EU log a wideband O2 0-5v signal? If so how do you connect the wideband signal to the EU, is there an input on the EU?

Also I saw 1 guy ask about using the AFR target map for only open loop situations, but I never saw anyone respond. Any thougths on using it for open loop only?

Last when using the EU do you have to reset the ECU all the time like when using the Apexi AFC controllers? Will the ECU learn what the EU is doing and try and correct this? I am speaking only about open loop situations I understand that in closed loop there is no need to tune as the ECU does a good job a tuning this region of the map.

Thanks,
Ed
Old 06-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting, I need to read this more.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:27 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by edomund,Jun 24 2008, 05:43 PM
I read the entire thread and have a couple questions.

Can the EU log a wideband O2 0-5v signal? If so how do you connect the wideband signal to the EU, is there an input on the EU?

Also I saw 1 guy ask about using the AFR target map for only open loop situations, but I never saw anyone respond. Any thougths on using it for open loop only?

Last when using the EU do you have to reset the ECU all the time like when using the Apexi AFC controllers? Will the ECU learn what the EU is doing and try and correct this? I am speaking only about open loop situations I understand that in closed loop there is no need to tune as the ECU does a good job a tuning this region of the map.

Thanks,
Ed
1. Buy the A/F option port harness, splice it into the pos and neg of the 0-5V wideband, then plug it into the yellow option port on the side of the EU. Set the wideband parameters in the front panel tab in the software and start tuning!

2. I don't quite know what you want here.

3. you don't need to keep resetting the ecu. There are tricks to keep the ecu from constantly fighting with the EU tune, like creating a false throttle signal to throw the car into open loop when you want.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:06 PM

2. I was asking if anyone has used the af target map option for tuning fuel maps in open loop. Someone said before that using the af target option will make the ecu fight with the EU in closed loop, but they didn't elaborate on open loop tuning with the af target option (EU tunes fuel based on feedback from the wideband O2).

So am I correct assuming that you should only tune the EU for open loop & that if you only tune the EU for open loop it won't fight with the ECU?
If so is this because the ECU uses a set fuel/timing map for open loop?

Thanks in advance I am new to tuning Hondas I come from tuning boosted rotary motors with standalones,
Ed
Old 07-02-2008, 10:45 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Quicky for anyone who knows their emanage. Just bought a one from EBay, have the boomslang and wish to install and tune soon. Is there a quick way to delete all settings from previous user? It was used on an SRT 4.

Don't know if changing the engine parameters will zero out the old map.

TIA
Old 07-02-2008, 11:47 AM

just turn off all the maps
Old 07-02-2008, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by edomund,Jun 24 2008, 09:06 PM
2. I was asking if anyone has used the af target map option for tuning fuel maps in open loop.
I am using the A/F feedback option ever since I installed the supercharger.

With the A/F feed back only activation if TPS is greater then 15% ( I get boost at 20%) and pressure is equal or greater then 0psi.

I also have the TPS voltage going to the stock ecu ramped in the ULT so when my actual TPS is at 20% that the Stock ECU see 80% throttle voltage ( approx 4V)

This is the same thing Greddy does with there AP2 turbo kits when it comes to TPS modulation to get the Stock computer to go into open loop conditions sooner.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Twiztid,Jul 2 2008, 02:47 PM
just turn off all the maps
that

Quick Reply: E-manage Ultimate 101