JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Few questions for N/A improvement

Old 09-17-2008, 02:09 AM
Community Organizer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Few questions for N/A improvement

Hello,

I am trying to improve the performance of my S2000 F20C motor and i need your help. My build so far.

1) Spoon air duct and spoon filter
2) Koyo Radiator with cooling mods
3) Toda header
4) Berks high flow cat
5) Custom M style exchaust
6) Tuned with Greddy ultimate

My dyno graph is below before and after tuning with Greddy Ultimate. It was on a Dynapack dyno

So as a next mode i was thinking a set of pulleys (like Ralco RZ pulleys from e-bay or unorthodox and a lighter flywheel or clutch kit )

Any feedback if i will gain any hp with a set of pulleys or clutch packet ? Can you suggest me which pulleys or flywheel or clutch packet to go with?

Can you tell me your opinions on what to do next to improve the performance of my F20C?

Thank you very much in advance
Chris
Old 09-17-2008, 03:56 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

To be honest I would not trust any of those ebay pulleys.

I lighter flywheel is going to help free up hp to the wheels. Your not going to see much gain up top but may get 1 or 2. You'll see the biggest gains down low in hp and in torque. This is a very good mod. Will help with acceleration as well.

I believe T1R has just released a pulley kit along with a light weight crank pulley. They are far lighter then the stock units, and should help as well to free up more power.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HvRRZ,Sep 17 2008, 03:56 PM
To be honest I would not trust any of those ebay pulleys.

I lighter flywheel is going to help free up hp to the wheels. Your not going to see much gain up top but may get 1 or 2. You'll see the biggest gains down low in hp and in torque. This is a very good mod. Will help with acceleration as well.

I believe T1R has just released a pulley kit along with a light weight crank pulley. They are far lighter then the stock units, and should help as well to free up more power.
i was thinking about that as well..anyone have T1R pulleys or even the set?
Old 09-17-2008, 05:59 PM

I believe one of the evasive guys have been running the crank pulley for a while, and a couple people have bought the pulley set, but they've yet to install them. no real reviews yet.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:37 PM

Not sure if the stock crank pulley acts as a harmonic damper on the S, if it does I wouldn't recommend running an aftermarket unit, I just don't think the risks are worth the rewards. Toda makes a lw flywheel for our cars, and so does Comptech, though I'm not sure if its still available.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:02 PM

Well the one evasive dude has had it for some time aparently with no issues.

In regard to the flywheel...I had the toda and would highly recommend it...if not toda then go with fidanza.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go for the Ralco pulleys they are really good and my car felt much faster with them. Look at feedback on the ebay listing http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ralco-RZ-Pu...emZ140267707651

I am sure if they caused any issues people would not post so many good reviews.

Good Luck
Old 09-18-2008, 07:38 AM

No need to go really light flywheel. Best bang for the buck is get a used AP1 flywheel. Personally I wouldn't want to go any lighter than that.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by viper23325,Sep 18 2008, 08:22 AM
I am sure if they caused any issues people would not post so many good reviews.

Good Luck
That is false logic. None of those good reviews are based on any long term use.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Kermdaddy,Sep 18 2008, 08:38 AM
No need to go really light flywheel. Best bang for the buck is get a used AP1 flywheel. Personally I wouldn't want to go any lighter than that.
I hate when people suggest this....yes you'll gain a little bit by going with the ap1 flywheel, but it's not the same as going with a lighter aftermarket wheel. Most negative theories about going to light is just BS. I ran the toda for 3 years with no idle issues, start up issues, etc.

I still do not understand how people can mod there cars using parts from existing vehicles when the owners of those vehicles use aftermarket parts because they show better gains. It's like the b series guys that get type r header...when the type r guys get aftermarket ones and hget better gains...just dumb in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Few questions for N/A improvement