S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   JDM Tuning (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/jdm-tuning-148/)
-   -   Fitting J's exhaust (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/jdm-tuning-148/fitting-javascript-exhaust-972177/)

NicoS 08-11-2012 06:08 AM

Fitting J's exhaust

I ordered a j's 60rs stainless steel through a local tuner and picked it up I think back in February/March some time. I've finally decided to install it, only I just realised I don't have any bolts or washers or gaskets etc. Does anybody know if I was supposed to get these with the exhaust or do I re-use the ones from the factory exhaust? When I picked the exhaust up, I left the box there and only took the exhaust, but I'm pretty sure I took everything that was in the box. :(

rosario717 08-11-2012 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by NicoS (Post 21929293)
I ordered a j's 60rs stainless steel through a local tuner and picked it up I think back in February/March some time. I've finally decided to install it, only I just realised I don't have any bolts or washers or gaskets etc. Does anybody know if I was supposed to get these with the exhaust or do I re-use the ones from the factory exhaust? When I picked the exhaust up, I left the box there and only took the exhaust, but I'm pretty sure I took everything that was in the box. :(

Ive had my j's 60rs for about 6months now. It comes with a few screws to bolt on the left pipe to the right and thats it. The rest is using your stock hangers but for the record it might rattle on you if you have an ap2. You might have to make some adjustment through the tunnel that it goes through right underneath your passenger seat.. Great exhaust though! You'll be very happy especially driving through a tunnel in vtec!!

KiNgKoNg723 12-12-2012 10:25 PM

I have the 70rs titanium and I had to use a zip tie to pull it to an angel so it wouldn't be vibrating against anything.

aznsupastar 12-19-2012 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by KiNgKoNg723 (Post 22207458)
I have the 70rs titanium and I had to use a zip tie to pull it to an angel so it wouldn't be vibrating against anything.

u got a 70RS dual on AP2? if u do, please show me some photos of ur clever set up to make the exhaust fit.

thanks!

uLmighty 01-07-2013 01:28 AM

We just fitted a 70rr on my ap2 with a huge hks canister exhaust welded on. Had to use re-angle the hks and use a exhaust clamp so the pipe won't vibrate the under chassi

Wael El-Dasher 03-16-2013 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by aznsupastar (Post 22219803)

Originally Posted by KiNgKoNg723' timestamp='1355383536' post='22207458

u got a 70RS dual on AP2? if u do, please show me some photos of ur clever set up to make the exhaust fit.

thanks!

I thought using a dual eliminates that movement issue. I have the same thing with my Spoon N1, it shifts around a bit and every now and then, it needs to be pushed/adjusted so it stops vibrating against something or another. I assumed that's common with all singles, but didn't know that was an issue with duals too.