S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   JDM Tuning (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/jdm-tuning-148/)
-   -   Gold hood pins (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/jdm-tuning-148/gold-hood-pins-295425/)

s2ksteve 06-02-2005 03:31 PM

Gold hood pins

Hi, can anyone tell me who sells gold hood pins. I have seen them several times on the HKS Altezza and on most of the TopSecret cars. I can only seem to find the standard colors, red/blue/silver. I would really appreciate any info. I have been looking for over 2 months with no luck :banghead: Thanks for any help.

ImportSport 06-02-2005 06:46 PM

I will hold in my urge to express what a horrible idea I think this is...

Make them yourself. Buy a silver set and have it adonized, powder coated, or paint them.

sfphinkterMC 06-03-2005 07:25 AM

i've seen them on the earlier J's catalog

s2ksteve 06-03-2005 05:59 PM

Thanks for the help sfphinkterMC. I will give J's a try. Why would this be a "horrible idea?" I recently had a comptech SC installed, but now my cf hood doesn't sit flush. I think the position of the intake box is causing most of the problems. I have gold volks (le28n) and I figured since I need hood pins I might as well get gold to match the wheels. I wouldn't get the pins if I didn't need them, but with the gap along the hood, I'm afraid the stock latch won't hold. Does anyone have experience with japanparts.com? I found a set on their site. Thanks again for any help.

Kel 06-03-2005 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by s2ksteve,Jun 3 2005, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the help sfphinkterMC. I will give J's a try. Why would this be a "horrible idea?" I recently had a comptech SC installed, but now my cf hood doesn't sit flush. I think the position of the intake box is causing most of the problems. I have gold volks (le28n) and I figured since I need hood pins I might as well get gold to match the wheels. I wouldn't get the pins if I didn't need them, but with the gap along the hood, I'm afraid the stock latch won't hold. Does anyone have experience with japanparts.com? I found a set on their site. Thanks again for any help.

I think he means your choice in color, not the fact taht you want hood pins.

s2ksteve 06-03-2005 06:10 PM

No problem. I hope I can find a way to just make the hood fit. I really don't feel like drilling holes into my hood, but I have had a hood pop open on me before. Really scarry.

Kel 06-03-2005 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by s2ksteve,Jun 3 2005, 07:10 PM
No problem. I hope I can find a way to just make the hood fit. I really don't feel like drilling holes into my hood, but I have had a hood pop open on me before. Really scarry.

I've seen that happen at the track a few times, your worries are not unwarranted.

s2ksteve 06-03-2005 06:22 PM

It happened to me while going over a bridge with no place to pullover or stop. :eek3: I had to just keep on going and hope that I didn't kill anyone behind me.