JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

HKS Intake - Opinions?

Old 03-19-2006, 05:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HKS Intake - Opinions?

Hey guys, I have a Spoon intake (snorkel & filter), but I really want an intake that will take up the entire bay and give me some good power.... I want to stay JDM with the car, and have had my eye on an HKS intake for a while. I would like to know the impressions from people who have this intake on their car -- does it feel "that much faster"? Any dyno runs?

I don't need any advice on where to buy one retail, but if anybody is getting rid of one used on here, count me in, maybe we could even trade.... Thanks for looking!
Old 03-20-2006, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the spoon snorkle and filter before I got the HKS, then I got an ARC to replace that... the HKS is nice for what it is... it sounds nice, and it's a gain over the snorkle, but it's not adding 15 HP or anything... the HKS and ARC are somewhat similar, with the exceptions of the chamber on the ARC, and the HKS has a longer draw due to more piping... the bottom charge pipe runs along the frame rail right behind the radiator and fans, so it's not what I would consider to be the most efficient design, then again, AEMs run behind the radiator too..... If you buy it, don't expect much, and you'll be more than happy with it...
Old 03-20-2006, 10:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I don't think any intake will ever add 15 hp to an S2000, I just want something that looks good, sounds good, and makes the car quicker. I had the ARC and lost hp with it (in FL due to warm weather), so I swiched to the Spoon to try to combat the heat soak, plus I have an Indy Yellow and it looks sweet with the carbon-kevlarness. The HKS is cool too because it's a piece not a lot of people have and deletes the whole stock box/piping assembly (benefits of the ARC), so if it adds power too then sign me up

P.S. Sounds like you've got a badass car there, are you running stock compression with that setup? Huge turbo, what kind of lag do u get?
Old 03-20-2006, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the JDM motors are 11.7:1, using an inline pro gasket drops it to about 10:1, not too low to need the turbo to do all the work, not to high to only be able to run 9psi... as for the lag, the car is still down in it's final stages, but Cody had little to no lag running a GT40R with a 10:1 CR... still crossing my fingers... thanks for the compliment...

BTW, if you like the Carbon Kevlar look with yellow, pick up a set of the spoon seats... they look great in a spa (the color my car was before I painted it...)