JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

I gotta a 2000 S2k whats good a drop?

Old 05-18-2005, 06:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well call me a sell out, but after 60k, my C6 Z06 would be close to paid off and kicking some serious @$$ at the track.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:59 PM

and yes, I was continuing to argue, I'm all for technical debates, I'm just tired of being fed the same bullcrap about JDM kits that are worth the money but no one has any good feedback on how they helped on the track.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your only 20 years old? Wow, I am truely through here . Your not worth my time at all. Your a kid. I will tell you this. I have about 5 more years of experience on you at the track in my integra. If I didnt live so far I would take a totally stripped down ITR with some good tires with OEM suspension and put a whooping on your little boy self. If you think the ITR wont give you any problems then think again. Its all about the driver my friend. I am through with this. Especially from someone that is not speaking from any kind of experience with these parts. Your totally a former civic owner who finally was able to afford this car when the price went down now you find yourself in the unique position of thinking your all bad. HAHA. Yeah right. As far as suspension on the S2000 is concerned, I believe I was the one that told 95% of the people on this board that the Penske's have been released and I would take those in a heartbeat over any JDM made suspension but I cant afford it so I took the next best thing a European made setup.

You sound just like hundreds of kids I have heard over the years (in high school, college, track, shows, etc) complain about products without any experience of any kind. How can you guys judge? Movies? Hyper Rev mags? Best Motoring? You cant. Bottom line.

Have a nice day.

Oh yeah BTW Buddy Club and Tein coilovers are not high on my list.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, so what is the best sub $3k set up available?
Old 05-19-2005, 12:39 PM

please don't ask that... I'm sure I know one set that will be mentioned right now, right J's?...
Old 05-19-2005, 01:24 PM

Well I want shock dyno them if possible.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Highrpmek,May 19 2005, 02:35 AM
I never said anything about "blowing by or glazing" my comments, I would like you to read them and interpret them as you wish. All I see is you telling me there is something better out there for $3K and then listing a bunch of JDM suspensions in that price range. I would love to hear how the Crux suspension did on the track and how the settings you adjusted improved or hindered the car. But I don't think you're going to be able to do that for me. Another thing, KW probably wanted to sponsor your car, not you, if a company wanted to sponsor a person, it's usually because of talent. IMHO, I would never let someone sponsor my car, I like paying for what I have and I hate cars with bunch of tacky stickers on them.
Were you at the meet in West Chester (the day it rained in the parking garage)?
If you want info. on the Crux coilovers, you can pm AJ PwR.....he just whooped on his at the track

-Chris
Old 05-19-2005, 07:13 PM

what are those B-max coilovers AJPWR was speaking of???
Old 05-19-2005, 07:41 PM
Kel

Originally Posted by Project SSAP1,May 19 2005, 08:13 PM
what are those B-max coilovers AJPWR was speaking of???
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...dpost&p=5591191
I asked Ben about them, he says late June. If T1R is as good with their suspension as with their exhuast, then it looks promising for something street/track without diving into hardcore track stuff, yet still offering rebound/compression adjustability.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by JsAP1,May 19 2005, 08:59 AM
Your only 20 years old? Wow, I am truely through here . Your not worth my time at all. Your a kid. I will tell you this. I have about 5 more years of experience on you at the track in my integra. If I didnt live so far I would take a totally stripped down ITR with some good tires with OEM suspension and put a whooping on your little boy self. If you think the ITR wont give you any problems then think again. Its all about the driver my friend. I am through with this. Especially from someone that is not speaking from any kind of experience with these parts. Your totally a former civic owner who finally was able to afford this car when the price went down now you find yourself in the unique position of thinking your all bad. HAHA. Yeah right. As far as suspension on the S2000 is concerned, I believe I was the one that told 95% of the people on this board that the Penske's have been released and I would take those in a heartbeat over any JDM made suspension but I cant afford it so I took the next best thing a European made setup.

You sound just like hundreds of kids I have heard over the years (in high school, college, track, shows, etc) complain about products without any experience of any kind. How can you guys judge? Movies? Hyper Rev mags? Best Motoring? You cant. Bottom line.

Have a nice day.

Oh yeah BTW Buddy Club and Tein coilovers are not high on my list.
OMG, I can't believe anyone respects anything you have to say. You are by far one of the most ignorant people I've ever come across on the internet. You think because I'm 20 years old I don't know how to drive a car? It's gonna be a real shocker to you when you realize the age at which drivers get picked up for F1 and other forms of racing. To judge someones driving capability based on age in today's world truly makes you and outright idiot. I would be upset at your age knowing there are people on this board that understand car setup and racing technique better than you who are younger. So I understand the hostility. Sorry about your luck. And to go further, are you and absolute dumb@ss not to know that a stock (full interior) DC2 ITR is faster around a small track than a stock S2000? Also you have no idea what my financial status is on the ownership of my car or how I acquired it. So you told 95% of the board about Penske's, that makes it okay for you to justice buying a European suspension. What research did you do to decide on Aragosta's. I bet I know, Top Secret uses them so I have to get them. And if I'm like a hundred kids you've heard, why don't you take the advice, ditch those ugly @ss CF fenders and save your money for something that will help you at the track, like for 1. driving lessons, 2 good R compound tires, or 3 some Motons or Penske's or KW's. But you're too ignorant to do something that would improve the car rather than your social status as a JDM pioneer.

Have a nice day

Quick Reply: I gotta a 2000 S2k whats good a drop?