JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

I gotta a 2000 S2k whats good a drop?

Old 05-20-2005, 12:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Highrpmek,May 20 2005, 12:15 PM
I don't think I know everything, I've never in my life felt that way. But after being on a race team for the last year, 3-5 hrs a night 2-3 nights a week, setting up a car on scales, adjusting toe, cross weights, swapping shocks, springs, adding spring rubbers, moving the track bar and sway bars, I've learned a thing or two about setting up race cars and track suspensions.
Ok, I can respect that.

I ran my Integra in SCCA and set it up differently for drag racing like 10 years ago. Remember Carlsbad raceway? I was all into the scene back in San Diego in the early 90s. I had a blast and wouldnt trade it for anything.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Highrpmek,May 20 2005, 12:17 PM
Trust me, those little pounds your saving with calipers aren't a big deal for a weekend racer, your not competing, and at your and mine definetly driving ability, its not as big of a deal.
I agree with you.
When you get them at cost or 75% off would you complain? I wouldnt. Thats why I have changed my brakes 3 times in the past 4 years. I get really good hook ups and try to help my friends too.

I totally agree with you. IMO the S2000 brakes are good enough with an upgraded set of pads and a good set of tires. Thats all you really need. You agree or disagree?

I admit, I am not the best driver or know everything either. I am sorry if I come off that way. I just get upset when people tell me I am wrong when I have the product on the car or have had it and they say the product is bad or good. I tell them like it is. If I was a out of state or local S2000 owner I would want the bottom line truth on a part or product. Not a halfway answer. You know like that suspension cant drop below 1 inch when its on my car with a 3 inch drop. I use the 3 inch drop for the street. Track is a different ballgame. I raise that bad boy up.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly, I guess if I could score a bunch of parts for a steal of a price I would definetly do it. My biggest thing now, is spending the money I can spare on improving me.

And yes the S2000 brakes are truly awesome, Last autocross they held up really well, even to 10 straight runs.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:26 PM
Kel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JsAP1,May 20 2005, 01:20 PM
I admit, I am not the best driver or know everything either. I am sorry if I come off that way. I just get upset when people tell me I am wrong when I have the product on the car or have had it and they say the product is bad or good. I tell them like it is. If I was a S2000 I want the bottom line truth. Not a halfway answer.
I think, alot of us do this...
Old 05-20-2005, 12:27 PM

I think with your SCCA Integra, you took a step back, most people I meet came from drag racing to road racing, but atleast you enjoyed it while you did.

Also, kitwelzer, a avid track driver, swapped out his $4000 Penske's for the KW's and never looked back, if anyones listening.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:33 PM

[QUOTE=Highrpmek,May 20 2005, 12:27 PM] I think with your SCCA Integra, you took a step back, most people I meet came from drag racing to road racing, but atleast you enjoyed it while you did.

Also, kitwelzer, a avid track driver, swapped out his $4000 Penske's for the KW's and never looked back,
Old 05-20-2005, 12:44 PM

Well, I feel we worked through so I've our mis understanding, though our opinions vary, we can probably be more civil to each other and not take such threads as far off topic as we have.

Good to hear, I hope to hear some feedback about how the Aragostas faired.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:48 PM
Kel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris, are the Aragostas Rebound and compression adjustable as well? Or are they combined adjustments like Crux?
Old 05-20-2005, 12:54 PM

Good question ^^^ I didn't know the Crux's weren't 3 way, hmm not sure i'd want them then.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Highrpmek,May 20 2005, 12:44 PM
Well, I feel we worked through so I've our mis understanding, though our opinions vary, we can probably be more civil to each other and not take such threads as far off topic as we have.

Good to hear, I hope to hear some feedback about how the Aragostas faired.
I agree.

There are a lot of people that think my car never sees the light of day but when you see it up close and in person you can see all the abuse its gone through. Magazines can do wonders to a part or section of the car that looks like crap. Photo edit is their best friend.

Till next time.

Quick Reply: I gotta a 2000 S2k whats good a drop?