JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

INGS+1 Low Mount CF spoiler

Old 06-23-2005, 07:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yesterday was the first day I applied the new Meguiars detail on it and the trunk lid. Before then it was out the box.

I've got a local crew giving me a quote to fix it as we speak. I curious to what BP has to say.

I'm not a professional in regards to CF.......I just love the look on my car. Of all the CF pieces I have this is the worst piece and to top it off it's makes the most drastic change to the vehicle.

Especially with it sitting on my CF trunk which is beautiful.....it makes the spoiler look........how should I say it?...... "RICE"...
Old 06-23-2005, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by SIIK2NR,Jun 23 2005, 07:45 AM
Yesterday was the first day I applied the new Meguiars detail on it and the trunk lid. Before then it was out the box.

I've got a local crew giving me a quote to fix it as we speak. I curious to what BP has to say.

I'm not a professional in regards to CF.......I just love the look on my car. Of all the CF pieces I have this is the worst piece and to top it off it's makes the most drastic change to the vehicle.

Especially with it sitting on my CF trunk which is beautiful.....it makes the spoiler look........how should I say it?...... "RICE"...
Tommy used Meguiars detail wax and thats what faded it. PM him and see what he says.

You know whats funny? Speaking of CF quality. My stepdad works for the a private sector company and actually builds CF parts for some of our governments top secret aircraft. He took one look at my Js Type V hood and my buddys Mugen CF hood and told us flat out that it is not that good of quality in his opinion. He also told me that the prices we pay are 300% over what it costs to make the hood in that quality. He looked at the Mugen and was like its not worth more than $900 brand new and the Js he said was about $600 brand new. I was like, its that bad? He said its not that its bad it just the quality of the craftmanship and the CF layers was very poor. But coming from someone who works in the CF department I have to value his opinion. Anyway I am rambling on. PM I dont wait..
Old 06-23-2005, 07:59 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't give you a perfect opinion from pictures. But, I am betting that is due to the fact that they sprayed a ton of CF on that wing. What happens is they didn't wait long enough for the bottom layers to dry. When that happens and layer upon layer is sprayed, it eventually will lead to what appears to be a dulling/greying effect on the bottom layers. Am I correct in guessing that the top is not cracked? Make sure you take it to someone who knows how to work with CF.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:01 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JsAP1,Jun 23 2005, 10:53 AM
You know whats funny? Speaking of CF quality. My stepdad works for the a private sector company and actually builds CF parts for some of our governments top secret aircraft. He took one look at my Js Type V hood and my buddys Mugen CF hood and told us flat out that it is not that good of quality in his opinion. He also told me that the prices we pay are 300% over what it costs to make the hood in that quality. He looked at the Mugen and was like its not worth more than $900 brand new and the Js he said was about $600 brand new. I was like, its that bad? He said its not that its bad it just the quality of the craftmanship and the CF layers was very poor. But coming from someone who works in the CF department I have to value his opinion. Anyway I am rambling on. PM I dont wait..
Well that means the Mugen is worth $300 more which kills your debate awhile back that the J's Type V was just as good if not better then the Mugen.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by JsAP1,Jun 23 2005, 07:53 AM
Tommy used Meguiars detail wax and thats what faded it. PM him and see what he says.

My experience with CF since my project started has been hit or miss. It's like rolling dice as far as what I'm going to get. APR has come with good quality products as far as their CF. But the the best clearcoat was on the Seibon hoods. But even Seibon has issues.

I saw the authentic Mugen hood and was not overly impressed. The one I saw they used 2 sheets of CF and you could actually SEE the line across the hood where they spliced them. I was like WTF?

The only reason I went with Seibon and INGS is because I'm trying to stick with the 2x2 weave motiff... If Mugen or J's made a 2x2 weave product....I'd pay $$ just on reputation alone..

I think after I get all this resolved....I'll do the CF for a little bit then I'm moving on...
Old 06-23-2005, 08:06 AM

You are correct.... the top layer is not cracked.

From looking at the wing, it looks like there is a lot of clear on it. It just looks like it was not done properly.

The people I'm taking it to, to possibly fix it, know their CF.

Do you think this poor quality had anything to do with a rush to get the product out or lack of skills/knowledge of the people working it?
Old 06-23-2005, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by turbo_pwr,Jun 23 2005, 08:01 AM
Well that means the Mugen is worth $300 more which kills your debate awhile back that the J's Type V was just as good if not better then the Mugen.
Damn good memory Dan. Yes I remembered that too and was shocked when he said that. Even with that line running across the Mugen hood. He said the Js had more imperfections on the weaves. Ohh well. I still like both hoods.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:14 AM

Here's the spoiler on the car....

Please don't tell me to "drop it like it's hawt"...... it's getting dropped....I only have 2 hands and not enough time right now... springs are sitting in my room.

I love the look and on overcast days like today.....it looks

Once the comes out....it's a different story.

Note: the CF trunk lid is an OEM trunk that is CF wrapped... fitment is OEM and the quality of the CF is top notch. If you compare the trunk lid and the spoiler in my top spoiler pics at the beginning of the thread you can see the darkness and quality difference.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:22 AM

Hey are you the guy that won the TS II Seibon hood at the Spugen meet back in March?
Old 06-23-2005, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by JsAP1,Jun 23 2005, 08:22 AM
Hey are you the guy that won the TS II Seibon hood at the Spugen meet back in March?
No......that was KrazyDave....

I'm the Korean guy that was standing next to him..

Quick Reply: INGS+1 Low Mount CF spoiler