JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

J's Racing 70RR .... poor quality...

Old 04-23-2006, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J's Racing 70RR .... poor quality...

I have purchase the J's Racing 70rr.
After installing it, I notice there was a constant ticking sound which got really annoying after a while.

I checked and notice the hanger was hitting the frame of the car....so, I thought maybe the stock bushing was causing the exhaust to vibrate too much.

Then went and bought the "J's Racing Rubber Bushing" . However, this did not solve my problem, The J's Racing Rubber Bushing CAUSED EVEN WORST VIBRATION AND MOVEMENT of the exhaust..... now my exhaust is hitting the hanger and hitting the stock rear brace bar.

Does someone with the J's Racing 70RR have similar problems? Please help!!!!

Spend so much money and bought an exhaust that caused so many problems..... had the same problem with the fitment of the J's Racing Type-S Body Kit. With my experience..... J's Racing has s pretty BAD quality for the cost......
Old 04-23-2006, 02:22 PM

It really sucks to hear that when their products cost a nice chunk of change, hopefully you can get the vibration problem worked out though. This is not actually the first time I have heard about this though.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have that also with my veilside exhaust. It rattles and I when I look for where it is coming from it doens't do it. Let me knwo what helps u fix thuis problem
Old 04-23-2006, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by JDM AP1 11,Apr 23 2006, 05:32 PM
I have that also with my veilside exhaust. It rattles and I when I look for where it is coming from it doens't do it. Let me knwo what helps u fix thuis problem
You should go underneath the car when you have it on jackstands and have someone revv the throttle from under the hood. I guarantee that the exhaust is hitting somewhere against the chassis or a brace somewhere underneath. I had the same problem with rattles that I couldn't find when I installed my new downpipe, and again when I installed my new exhaust. The first time, a flange was hitting against the heatshield under the car, and the second time it was rubbing against the transmission brace. Take a look under the car to make sure its not hitting anywhere because anytime your exhaust touches anything it will rattle.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:27 PM

To be fair, J's Racing products aren't considered to be very expensive at all compared to the offerings from many of their competitors. When purchasing JDM products, one has to understand Japan's inherently higher cost of, well, everything. I'm not defending J's, as I realize their products aren't perfect, but for the price, they offer decent performance.

Anyway, try this:

If the exhaust is hitting the rear X-brace, you can simply space the brace out with a couple of washers.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LemonS2k,Apr 23 2006, 04:40 PM
I have purchase the J's Racing 70rr.
After installing it, I notice there was a constant ticking sound which got really annoying after a while.

I checked and notice the hanger was hitting the frame of the car....so, I thought maybe the stock bushing was causing the exhaust to vibrate too much.

Then went and bought the "J's Racing Rubber Bushing" . However, this did not solve my problem, The J's Racing Rubber Bushing CAUSED EVEN WORST VIBRATION AND MOVEMENT of the exhaust..... now my exhaust is hitting the hanger and hitting the stock rear brace bar.

Does someone with the J's Racing 70RR have similar problems? Please help!!!!

Spend so much money and bought an exhaust that caused so many problems..... had the same problem with the fitment of the J's Racing Type-S Body Kit. With my experience..... J's Racing has s pretty BAD quality for the cost......
I can vouch for that, this fella had to take his car to a reputable local bodyshop to fit his J's kit properly. It turns out to be very nice though.

Hey Mark, did you take your car to Phil? He might help you with a solution? Guy helped me get rid of the nasty gauge pod rattle.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:12 AM

It's designed as a racetrack only exhaust, who cares (or can hear) about the ticking when in constant vtec

But yeah mine rattles too but I only put on the exhaust when there's a track day.

Not very pleased with J's Racing quality either, but they serve a purpose.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by c17r15,Apr 24 2006, 10:12 AM
It's designed as a racetrack only exhaust, who cares (or can hear) about the ticking when in constant vtec

But yeah mine rattles too but I only put on the exhaust when there's a track day.
but he uses it daily and it bugs the shit out of him...
Old 04-24-2006, 01:59 PM

Hey Rich, I'm finally taking it back to Phil next week.... so see what he can do with it..... hopefully, it'll solve the problems.

C17R15: Yeah, I know it's designed for the track. But, i'm not rich enough to buy a dedicated track car,yet. hahaa!! So, i drive this car around daily. Also, I believe this problem occurs with the 60RS too....correct me if i'm wrong....
Old 04-24-2006, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by JL9000,Apr 23 2006, 05:27 PM
To be fair, J's Racing products aren't considered to be very expensive at all compared to the offerings from many of their competitors. When purchasing JDM products, one has to understand Japan's inherently higher cost of, well, everything. I'm not defending J's, as I realize their products aren't perfect, but for the price, they offer decent performance.

Anyway, try this:

If the exhaust is hitting the rear X-brace, you can simply space the brace out with a couple of washers.

Hope this helps.
Just do what he did in the pictures. Put silcone hose over the hanger then zip tie it on or use the metal brackets he has. That will remove the rattling sound you have. It honestly take less then a minute to do.

Quick Reply: J's Racing 70RR .... poor quality...