JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

J's Racing replica- if the group buy goes down

Old 08-14-2008, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J's Racing replica- if the group buy goes down

Currently, I am on my THIRD S2000. This build was to have a fully functional mildly modded S2000 for me to learn and drive my car to the fullest potentional on the track. The parts I purchased, all authentic , are fully function parts to where each part I added on was to increase the abillity for the S2000 to perform better on the track while trying to be different from other owners. As of right now, I only know of myself to have the full J's Racing body kit w/ canards, wings, other J's parts , etc, and J's vinyl in my region of the US. I wanted to be different and yet at the same time have mods that actually did something (unlike my 2nd S where it was just parts slapped on). Each mod i have compliment each other... light wheels, light lug nuts, better suspension for better response on the track, Version 1 J's wing that has been repeatedly adjusted after each run to maximize downforce while minimizing drag on the straights, the list goes on.

J's Racing took the time, money, and engineered what they thought would enhance their cars to perform better , faster, and unique style. These styles just didnt appear on someones drawing and was built, people actually spent time trying many many designs and concluded to what they produce today. As a consumer, I value this and understand the price to an extent is due to the cost of product, time tested, engineered to perform better, etc.

To sum all of this up, I am EXTREMELY dissapointed to see someone out there stealing the J's Racing body kit and produce exact copies in the US to sell to others to profit off of. They did NOTHING but copied to make a few bucks. I am one that has never burnt an audio cd . I believe it's very important to support the artist to continue to make more for me to enjoy. The last time I checked, we all work for one reason: to make money. I'm not here to work for free or work for someone for them to get credit for it.

call me stupid, dump, idiot, but I will part out my car 100% and go to a kit that has not been replicated to avoid others that have purchased FAKE products. They buy it for the wrong reasons, to look cool. I dont give a rats ass if someone cant afford the real deal and this is their only way to purchase it. If you have 1300$ PLUS paint PLUS being able to be w/o your S while it's int he shop PLUS modding other parts to compliment the J's part, then you can afford to pay for the real thing. if yu're in shcool and you're broke, BULLSHIT, you have an s2000 and you're in school. You're not doing that bad for yourself. I've worked too damn hard to pay for these parts to have a yuppie stand next to me with the same kit and try to pretend they have what I have... BS

ok im done rambling, excuse the grammar, punctuation, etc. it's 1:30 am

oh btw.....

Old 08-14-2008, 10:36 PM

sick car!

and i completely agree.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

People like you are to funny. There is a chance for people who are less fortunate to be able to get a kit they may have wanted for some time now, but YES are unable to afford the real deals. If it looks the exact same and fits the same then yes they will have what you have. Except you will have the name, and they will have the fuller pockets from the money they save on the replicas. I'll take the fuller pockets.

Why you have to make a thread for this reason is stupid to. You say you don't want people to reply with there opinions if it's against you but attack any one that may agree with replicas in your post. Did you really think people would not respond.

I for one would love to buy the authentic versions, but am can't afford to spends thousand on them. For one a real amuse bumper is over 1K while a replica(that has better fitments and durability) is about half the price....which is the wiser choice?

Good luck selling your parts if the replicas are made cause if they are made it'll be hard to get half of what you paid for them.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:39 AM

complete BS, "less fortunate"???? COME ON!!! do you want a pity rag? the "less fortunate" is about to spend thousands still on senseless parts for their car, you make it sound like they're the poor and this is all they can get, hahaha. for someone to be less fortunate about to spend additional money on paint, possibly a loaner car (or driving their OTHER car), and you know you most will be buying additional parts to go with their new body kit, no one is less fortunate but the designers themselves that spent countless hours designing them.

so you're saying that you'll be ok if someone came out with all copies of PWJDM intake, panels, heatshield, etc etc at 1/3rd of the price and you wouldnt feel cheated?

by the way, Im not personally attacking anyone. I welcome your comments and enjoyed it. Do not assume Im a bad person b/c I think this way, it's my opinion and I'm merely voicing it.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:31 AM

No no no I am not assuming your a bad person at all. I just thought it was wierd because it sounding like you were voicing your opinion and yet were asking people who would think against you not to voice theirs.

There really are people that are less fortunate though...i used to be one...still somewhat am..

I was a student with an S, and I was a broke student with an S. Why? Because all of my money was going to the car and insurance for the car amongst other things. I did not have extra money to go spending on "baller" parts as many refer to them. However, why would someone still spend money on some parts if they are truly less fortunate, well, it's because we are all here with one thing incommon...a love for cars and a love for the S. One of the things that made it easier for me to go through school was enjoying my car when ever I could, and having the ability to put some modifications on it because modifying it is something I enjoy doing.

Like many other I did not want to put my self in a bad place financial by going over my limit or sending to much that would make living harder. I new how much money I had on the parts I wanted to spend them on. For example, I knew I had the money for a titanium exhaust system that would costs me over 1K, but I was not going to send that much money on it when a lot of that money may be needed in other areas of my life also. So I custom made a system which performed the same, and looked a lot better. I got the modification I wanted and yet still had enough left over for other things.

I don't know your background so I don't want to assume, but I feel like a lot of people who say replicas are wrong have never been poor enough not to need to buy anything but authentics. Please don't take anything I'm saying personal as well. I would love to have authentics over replicas also to not only say I have them, but yes, to also support those that took the time to design and make them. Until I am financial stable, and well off to do all that I have no problems going with replicas(if they are made well, or even better then authentics) to satisfy my own desires with the car. I'm sure many others feel the same way.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

even tho i disagree with you on most of everything you said....i dont think youre a bad person...lol...i mean one things for sure...i hate when i see people wearing fake shoes when i wear the real shoes and have them try to REP them as if they were real lol but hey more power to them if they like it.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by HvRRZ,Aug 15 2008, 08:31 AM
No no no I am not assuming your a bad person at all. I just thought it was wierd because it sounding like you were voicing your opinion and yet were asking people who would think against you not to voice theirs.

There really are people that are less fortunate though...i used to be one...still somewhat am......................
:hug: we should be getting some good responses soon
Old 08-15-2008, 07:52 AM

Old 08-15-2008, 08:44 AM

ummm... yeah!
Old 08-15-2008, 09:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whenever the Shine/Seibon J's kit comes out, I want to be first in line to buy your parts (hunkering over like a vulture )

So if you part out your car and go with something else that hasn't been replicated, what the hell could you go with? ASM has been out-Shined. Mugen has been Seibonized. Maybe Spoon (except for that hardtop). Unless you're thinking widebody like Amuse or TracySports

If anything, I was disturbed that J's Racing somewhat copied the Mugen SS hood You know your car is badass and all the instructors who have ridden in your car think that it's set-up perfectly. Boo to knockoffs, but even you admitted that you were surprised at the good quality that Seibon has put out recently. At the end of the day, that's what should be emphasized: quality. I've seen a few JDM parts that really suck. And while few and far between, some of the knockoffs are surprisingly decent (although I still won't buy ). It seems kinda funny that back in the 80's (yes, I'm old), China and Japan used to (and still) make inferior knockoffs of US goods. Now it's America's turn to knockoff in revenge

Quick Reply: J's Racing replica- if the group buy goes down