JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

JDM Autocross Goodies?

Old 12-19-2008, 11:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default JDM Autocross Goodies?

So I'm thinking about setting my car up for A-Stock autocross for the time being (after being talked out of my grand plans for an HCCA H1 setup), but I want to stick with JDM parts for personal reasons (I know there are numerous reasons why it's a bad idea for racing in the US).

So I'm looking for three main things: an adjustable front sway bar, sone good street/autocross brake pads, and some good brake fluid.

I know that Tracy Sports has been "developing" an adjustable FSB, but I don't want to spend $1k on it (I can get a Gendron bar new for $500). I know that Cusco makes adjustable FSBs, but I haven't seen any for the S2000 -- it would be great if they did, since it would most likely be cheaper than Tracy Sports' bar. It would also be great if someone could give the the stiffness specs on the different ASM bars as well, since that might work out.

Brake pads -- I need something I can use on the street, and still use effectively at autocross events (no race pads, for a variety of reasons). I need something that has strong initial bite, but doesn't fade. I'm thinking Endless, either their CC-X or CC-R pads, but I don't know. Please only responses from people who have used JDM pads for racing purposes.

Brake fluid - I think Endless makes some -- if so, I'll get it (or whoever makes the fluid) as long as it works well for track useage (doesn't break down). If not, I have no problem going with Motul, this is more of just a novelty thing.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are starting out just take a stock car
If you're on street tires a 00 or a CR bar is stiffer than stock 02-03 bar and cheap
Old 12-31-2008, 09:10 PM

I've been racing for years -- not cone-dodging, but racing nevertheless. My focus is not on how to best set up my car, my focus is on sticking w/ JDM parts (for shows & personal taste) while still remaining competitive.

IOW, just looking for a heads-up on the parts ... thanks for the advice though.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:52 AM

what tires are you gonna use?
Old 01-08-2009, 12:18 AM

Dunlop Direzza D1 Star Specs
Old 01-08-2009, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zbrewha863' date='Jan 8 2009, 04:18 AM
good choice.

I would get a gendron adjustable front sway if I were you.
endless or projectmu sell brake fluid with their label on it
as for pads your on the right track
Old 01-09-2009, 02:48 PM

while still remaining competitive.
Good luck! I think you'll find that you will need a 100TW street/race hybrid tire (whatever you want to call it.. like NT01 or R888) at the very least to be competitive. Obviously a V710 or A6 would be far more ideal.

Regarding pads and fluid, most seem to be sticking with OEM as long as they are in good condition. The ideal pad will work at maximum capacity even while cold (which OEMs do) as opposed to many spirited driving oriented pads, which may take a little bit to heat up. However, Project Mu HC+ may be along the lines of what you are looking for if you *have* to have something JDM.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by zoops' date='Jan 9 2009, 03:48 PM

Good luck! I think you'll find that you will need a 100TW street/race hybrid tire (whatever you want to call it.. like NT01 or R888) at the very least to be competitive. Obviously a V710 or A6 would be far more ideal.

Regarding pads and fluid, most seem to be sticking with OEM as long as they are in good condition. The ideal pad will work at maximum capacity even while cold (which OEMs do) as opposed to many spirited driving oriented pads, which may take a little bit to heat up. However, Project Mu HC+ may be along the lines of what you are looking for if you *have* to have something JDM.
Most of the top guys in my area (in the lower auto-x categories) are running Dunlop Direzza D1 Star Specs. The problem with the other tires is that I would be bumped into much higher classes for certain races, and I would like to run street tires so that I can remain competitive by racing in lower classes. When I say "remain competitive", I don't mean blow the doors off of anything that moves
Old 01-10-2009, 04:14 AM

You can run Hooiser A6, Khumo V710, Nitto NT01, and Toyo R888 in A-stock. they aren't jdm but the Hoosiers would be the best bet. Also which struts will you run?
Old 01-10-2009, 08:05 AM

Realy for the star specs in 205/225 you don't need a bar at all. A slightly sitffer that stock CR or 00-01 bar will help a bit though.

If you want a bar that you can step up to R compounds with I'd just get the Saner bar off ebay for $285.

I run it on full soft with the direzzas and its probably about as stiff as you'd want to go with that setup.

Are you running Whitehouse in Jax on Jan 25th?

Quick Reply: JDM Autocross Goodies?